PDA

View Full Version : Worried waiting for results

geox
17-10-14, 17:30
Hi there,
I had a ECG yesterday after registering at a new surgery and having raised blood pressure and pulse rate (I believe because of my anxiety I get when I visit Doctor etc.)

The ECG was done quickly, and she ripped off the graph and said it would take a couple of weeks to get to GP and I would have to make an appointment with my GP for a couple of weeks to chat about results.
I found myself over analysing everyting, the nurse and the student doctor who ws there training were quite chatty before they did it, but when they did it they just ripped it off and said to make an appointment for 2 weeks time.
Kinda worrying now waiting to see what happens.

geox
21-10-14, 15:53
*Bump*

Stil not heard, feeling really anxious :(

lisa1975
21-10-14, 20:08
a lot of peoples blood pressure goes up at the doctors my husbands goes sky high hes had to wear a 24 hour monitor for is blood pressure because of it an all was fine im sure your ecg will come back ok i no its hard but try not to stress :)

geox
22-10-14, 15:40
Thanks Lisa.

AlexandriaUK
22-10-14, 16:00
Hi don't worry, Dr will look at it and you will hear within 48 hours if there is a problem and to be honest they can tell and would have called in the Dr if there was a problem, as for bp how high was it.

geox
22-10-14, 17:00
BP was 160 I think and pulse went over 100.
Had ECG done last Thursday (15th) and not heard anything since.

AlexandriaUK
22-10-14, 17:14
My bp goes 160 plus over 90 when I'm stressed/anxious and heart rate bumps up to 160, please don't worry they would have rung you by now, if you need a definitive answer ring your drs and ask for results, then you can stop worrying x

lisa1975
22-10-14, 17:38
ring up see if results are back i had blood tests last week phoned up tuesday result were back an ive got to see the doctor over them tomorrow im terrified so no how you feel i can reassure other ppl but i cant stop panicking myself :weep:

AlexandriaUK
22-10-14, 17:59
Lisa I had bloods done week before last at hospital, they faxed results through to Dr seems I have a raised gamma level (liver) is 3 times normal level so he thought I drank, noooo I don't have more than a glass a fortnight, even low or high anything can drs appointments, could even be that because your Dr knows you suffer with ha he wants to reassure you instead of just receptionist saying all OK.
When you going.

lisa1975
22-10-14, 18:04
i go tomorrow no something came back on them receptionist said it was nothing to worry about but i cant help it i had a blood test for palpitations im hoping its came back im anemic that would explain the palps i dont have ha i was agoraphobic but ive been recovered for over a year but these palpitations have flared up anxity x

geox
22-10-14, 18:39
Thanks for the reassurance . Let us know how you get on Lisa.

lisa1975
22-10-14, 18:59
Will do geox

lisa1975
23-10-14, 10:31
just been the doctors ive got an underactive thyroid so started meds today hey oh its not the end of the world could of been worse :)

geox
23-10-14, 15:11
Cool, and at least now you know what it is.

lisa1975
23-10-14, 16:02
Exactly I feel like rubbish right now an I'm struggling to stay awake all the time I haven't been the gym for 3 weeks an that's not like me so hoping once they get the dosage right I will start feeling better .