PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Anybody else on citalopram for anxiety? How's it working out?

Tor85
17-10-14, 18:54
Hey everyone, I'm vicki and I'm new here! Been suffering terrible panic attacks and severe anxiety for almost a year now! The past 3 months have been the worst yet! I had been put on propranolol in February 160mg a day! They were absolutely no use, so after months of back and forth to the doctor she's finally changed my medication to 10mg citalopram and 5mg diazepam (just for really bad days) and I think so far so good! I'm only on day 10 so don't want to get too excited, but was just curious if anyone else has been taking this and if so what do you think about it? I've had some some side effects also, headaches blurred vision, I wondered how long roughly will this last?
Thanks in advance for any info :)

Mark13
19-10-14, 16:20
Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

By the way, you may want to read and post in the citalopram forum you'll get more replies on that subject:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49

captcha
19-10-14, 22:24
hiya!
I have been on this med for about a year, if you check out the medication section there is quite a lot of specific info

Deckardblues
20-10-14, 18:15
The side effects you talk about are common, and i remember those first few weeks with a lot of sadness. The headaches were terrible, and i actually felt worse, but after a couple of weeks, it does kick in. Unfortunately i am just getting over pneumonia so i am finding where my depression was evened out, it has now come back a bit. But stick with it.