PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while but I'm back :( oral cancer fears

Liziik
17-10-14, 19:03
Hello all!
Well it had been a while but I'm now back :(
I was doing so well for about 8 months when I went to the doctors about 4 months ago and was told I was b12 deficient so needed injections etc lots of blood tests, an endoscopy and waiting for results sent my health anxiety through the roof!
Anyway about 3 months ago I went to the dentist with pain from where I had a tooth out in February (on the side where my tooth used to be its all lumpy and bumpy) the dentist said it was an ulcer. Anyway it hasn't gone and since then health anxiety has crept in bringing me down. I have a lump on the inside of my lower lip at the bottom, lumps on the inside of both my cheeks earache and still the pain/sensitivity where that tooth was pulled out. My fears are oral cancer. I am 26 and smoke I don't drink any alcohol only at Christmas. I know I need to stop smoking and this will probably be the thing that stops me.

I'm so alone with no one to talk to and anyone i do talk to just says 'stop it' 'your being silly'

I have the doctors Thursday for b12 and the dentist again Friday.
I dont know if I can wait that long. I have already diagnosed myself with oral cancer so I feel that's what they are going to say.

So alone hope someone will chat.

Thank you for reading x

Fishmanpa
17-10-14, 20:20
I had head and neck cancer and what you describe does not present as such. Your dentist has said as much. That being said I'm not a doctor so it it persists see one.

I was a smoker.... NUFF SAID!

Positive thoughts