PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks/physical symptoms

Jlish
17-10-14, 21:20
Hi guys, recently my panic attacks have been becoming less frequent but more intense and the physical symptoms are becoming worse! Headaches, feeling weak, nausea and just the overall fear that 'this is the end'!! I'm just wondering if other people have any serious/ more intense physical symptoms? I've had all the blood tests, urine tests, eye tests etc and all come back normal but I just can't get the feeling of something worse :( hope someone can help!

State of panic
18-10-14, 03:36
I had my first panic attack when I was 30 years old. My skin got tingly, I got waves of nausea and I thought I was going to pass out ... My son was 4 at the time and I was on my bed rocking back and forth crying thinking I was dying, My little boy said what's wrong mommy why are you crying and he rubbed my back and said it will be ok mommy and he was right!!! So I went to the hospital and told them I think I am dying and the doctor said you won't die today I promise you that, you just had a panic attack which you should get some counseling for he have me Xanax and told me to go home and rest. After every panic attack I have had I immediately have to run to the loo as well, sorry TMI

I can't offer much but what I can say is I am still alive at 56 and you are also going to be fine. I know they are very physically Uncomfortable and they can scare the crap right out of you literally. After I had my first attack I carried Xanax with me everywhere I went took half and in minutes it subsided... These panic attacks seemed to go away and never got one since until maybe 10 years later. I was laying on a beach in Hawaii perfectly calm, relaxed and WHAMO heart started racing, felt like I was going to pass out out of nowhere the panic happened so I had to see the hotel doctor who gave me Xanax since I didn't have any and I believe that was the last panic attack I have had, however I still am prone to anxiety, but the panic attacks are the worst they are scary.. I hope you can find relief soon so you don't live in fear of having another one.

Mark13
19-10-14, 16:30
Hi guys, recently my panic attacks have been becoming less frequent but more intense and the physical symptoms are becoming worse! Headaches, feeling weak, nausea and just the overall fear that 'this is the end'!! I'm just wondering if other people have any serious/ more intense physical symptoms? I've had all the blood tests, urine tests, eye tests etc and all come back normal but I just can't get the feeling of something worse :( hope someone can help!

Feelings of "doom" (this is the end) are common with panic attacks I believe.

I have GAD but have had paresthesias (had to have nerve conduction tests to rule out MS) dizziness, nausea, palpitations, stomach & bowel pains. All tests come back negative. Anxiety can cause a lot of major symptoms but you're doing the right thing getting check ups. That should hopefully ease your worries but having had HA myself in the past I know it's hard to shake the fear.