PDA

View Full Version : struggling to cope

how long
01-01-07, 11:46
Long story short - problem began august, but had anxiety for many years. Have been on meds since end of aug now on mirtazapine 45mg for 3 weeks + citalopram 20mg for 2 weeks. Kepp blotting things out with valium but effect gets less each time - afraid of becoming addicted. Will have ashort run of a few ok days then bang - wake up totally distressed - can't get out of bed. folks keep telling mre to do something but feel I can't. Off work again and afraid I'll loose my job if this goes on. Anyone else experience this up and down stuff? don't know how to deal with it

bearcrazy
01-01-07, 12:38
awww (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) for how long.
I had a lot of time off or the same reason and was frightened I would lose my job, but I didnt. I found out that I was covered by the disability discrimination Act which helped give me confidence that my job was safe. you can ask them for advice. You do need to keep active though, otherwise the inactivity feeds the anxiety. set yourself a little target each day. I was really down cos the housework had gone to pot and I didnt know where to start. I did one thing each day and was soo proud of myself, it was a great motivator.
Be Strong and TC. Dont let it beat you!
xxxxxxxxx

jodie
01-01-07, 15:23
hi

i get the up and down all the time i just think everthing is going to be ok then somthing setts me off and i am a mess agane .
i guess now when i am havbing a few good days i dont think i am rid of panic i just thinki will cope i allways do i dont let my guard down anymore .
take care

jodie xx