PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam at work

mermaid
18-10-14, 16:22
Anyone use diazepam when at work? Due to go back on Monday after over a month off and although been feeling much better on sertraline I now have huge anxiety for Monday! Not needed diazepam for a few weeks, in fact only had a few 2mg on really bad days. Just wondering if I shoukd take one before I go to work or not.

Mermaid

MrsNoggin
19-10-14, 10:49
It all depends on whether you want to know you can do it unmedicated or not (or undiazepamed). Will it make it harder the next day doing it without? To be fair, it shouldn't - 2mg is a fairly small dose and probably just takes the edge of things, and you do the rest yourself.

I would probably take one and then watch the day go marvellously and know I could do without on Tuesday... But that's just me.

How does the diazepam make you feel? Does it dope you out at all? That could make certain types of work difficult/ dangerous - you don't drive forklifts or anything do you?! Sorry not much help at all here! :winks:

mermaid
19-10-14, 12:28
Thanks MrsN. I was thinking the same re taking one Monday and seeing how it goes, just hate the thought of having to take diazepam at all really! Am not sleeping well which is adding to the mix as I have always needed more sleep than others.

Diazepam doesn't dope me out and is a small dose and no machinery to navigate!

Thanks for your reply, how are you doing? Just noticed you joined recently

Mermaid

MrsNoggin
19-10-14, 14:53
I'm a long-time lurker. Just going through a bit of a mini-breakdown so have started posting properly. On my way back up now, just waiting for sertraline to kick back in and stop zombifying me.

2mg is a pretty small dose, so you should be fine! Like I said, it'll be you doing most of the work anyway; the diazepam just gives you a little foot up. Or you could take the diazepam the night before to make sure you get sleep... It won't last til morning, obviously, but you might be more rested...

wabbit1
19-10-14, 14:58
I find that taking 2 mg the night before work helps me when I'm struggling. It means I get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling refreshed instead of waking constantly throughout the night.

If I take 4 mg I wake up more tired than normal and struggle with work.

I'm on setraline too.