PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you'd be having these feelings if you didn't have anxiety?

Izzie2494
18-10-14, 16:47
I constantly have worries over everything! Mostly my tummy and my heart but if I get a slight pain anywhere else that also panicks me.. I currently have a bit of a sore tummy which I think is because I'm obsessing over my tummy hurting and was just thinking, would we be getting these pains if we didn't have anxiety? ANd if we did would it even bother us? It scary to think how powerful our minds are and I think we are all so strong for dealing with anxiety and mental health everyday! :hugs:

swanick15
18-10-14, 17:57
I think that we probably wouldn't as they aren't really a physical pain.

Frankie123
18-10-14, 18:02
I think we would still get the odd ache and pain like everyone else but I don't think we would take any notice of them.

wnsos
18-10-14, 19:38
I think once you reach a specific state of high anxiety, your whole threshold for pain is brought to your attention. It's like we can't stop feeling the feelings we are, but it's also because we're a lot more in tune with them than we were before it.

As I wrote in another thread earlier in the week, I've always had bad skin but I had a spot on my neck (that I've had before) the other day and it made my entire neck hurt this time. With the state of high anxiety and health anxiety I've found/gotten myself in over the last couple of months, every single feeling is amplified by 100.