PDA

View Full Version : brain tumour fear - really weird question please help

louise0501
18-10-14, 17:55
Hi there. I have a major brain tumour fear and im having a major panic attack. I have just been out and my sister took a picture of me and my eyes look weird with like a light shinning on them. Am i being silly here? Could it be the flash? Or could it be something sinister? Has this happened to anyone before?

Please reply asap as im going into major panic

Love louise x

Frankie123
18-10-14, 18:00
Hi

I do have a brain tumour and to reassure you it has never had any effect on my eyes. What I suspect you can see is the flashback from the camera and nothing to worry about.

bingjam
19-10-14, 08:42
I was looking on Facebook the other day and saw someone's picture and their eyes looked really weird, one eye was normal and the other was weird, it was just the flash and the angle that the picture was taken.

Also that sometimes has something to do with cataracts?
So if it's like foggy/blurry maybe try going to the opticians to have them looked at

But it doesn't sound like a brain tumor x

Vigilante
19-10-14, 09:30
Nah you won't be able to spot a brain tumour by taking a picture of someones eyes.

The most a picture will ever show up is a strabismus (squint) or a light reflex (take a picture of dogs eyes or cats eyes)

Opticians can pick up abnormal pressures, problems with optic nerves and so on, so if you are worried go along to one and get an eye test, but don't worry about the picture thing.

I have both an alternating strabismus and cornea disease (keratoconus), my cornea disease was picked up by a high street optician after the hospital had failed to notice 3 x I'm under BMEC now and have regular appointments.

MrsNoggin
19-10-14, 10:36
If it's causing you real issues (yes, I know it is!) you could book in to see the optician. As already said they can spot these things.

But no, I think the whole eyes in the photo brain tumour thing is a one time phenomenon and very very unlikely to mean anything. It'll prpbably just be the angle of light - eyes are full of different light reflecting and absorbing layers and cones and lenses and all those weird things that take years of education to understand - hence red-eye and whatnot in photos. I think it's quite common.

I know I'm probably too late now to tell you not to panic. Hope you're ok! :hugs:

WorriedTeen221
19-10-14, 16:30
Hi

I do have a brain tumour and to reassure you it has never had any effect on my eyes. What I suspect you can see is the flashback from the camera and nothing to worry about.

What symptoms did you have if you don't mind me asking? It's one of my biggest fears as I feel slightly dizzy always, and am feeling a bit nausea at the moment.