PDA

View Full Version : im losing it!!!

worrywuss
01-01-07, 13:35
i really need someone to talk to about this before it eats me up!!
ive been having stomach probs for about a month now constantly - no break. theyre there when i go to bed and get up in the morning :(

it started with just a sore tummy at the top and then it spread to the bottom of my chest so i went to the docs and he prescribed some tablets ( for acid he said ) that didnt help at all so i went back with some new symptoms aswell which included spreading to the bottom half of my stomach and really bad wind and tummy rumblings. ive also lost my appitite completley and now have pain in my back and under my ribs.

i recieved yet more tablets that dont work and it was suggested that if these dont work then i'd be refferred for an endoscopy.

im terrified ive got stomach cancer and the doctors wont seem to listen to me!! i mentioned the helicobacter test last time i went and just got a funny look [V] ive only been examined once and then it was just a quick feel around my tummy!!

my heads getting seriously messed up with thinking about this all the time and i just want to burst into tears but cant cos i dont want to scare my kids and other half, help please :(

suzy1984
01-01-07, 13:57
Hi
The symptoms you describe sound like the ones i get and my doctor diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome (think there is some info on the welcome page) just wondering if your doctor has suggested that as I think its quite common.
Maybe go back to the doctor and say the tablets aren't working & go for the endoscopy to help put your mind at ease.

Sorry I can't be more help, take care
love
Suzy xx

worrywuss
01-01-07, 14:08
thank you suzy, how long will i have to wait roundabouts for an endoscopy? i dont know how much more of this i can take.

are you on any medication for ibs ?

suzy1984
01-01-07, 14:32
hi, I didnt have an endoscopy as the doctor was pretty sure it was IBS so not sure how long you will have to wait.
I take colofac (Mebeverine) which is an antispasmodic to stop the pain & spasms. They dont always work though as IBS can be made worse by stress & anxiety so it can be a vicious circle, its hard but I find if i can take my mind off it my symptoms ease and dissapear after a few days.

Do go back to your gp though as im no doctor, just going off my own experiences. :)
xx

carly123
01-01-07, 14:35
I think the general consensus on IBS is that it is only diagnosed after about 12 wks or so, although most GP'S will still treat you for it in the meantime.
Why don't you go back and ask about IBS?
I was given anti- spasmodics (they're apparently very safe) which help with cramps and can reduce the wind and rumbling.

Take care.xxx

miss diagnosis
01-01-07, 15:24
Hi
My dad had stomach cancer and it didnt have any of those symptoms you are describing. He was really ill and died quite quickly from it so i reckon its probably IBS brought on my stress. Trust me ,the doctor sent my dad straight to the hospital when he went up and the booked him in for endoscopy straight away. Im sure if yor doc thought tiw as anything serious he would have sent you. they need to catch these things straight away!!

peach
02-01-07, 09:30
hi,
ive got ibs...it cant really be tested for, they just can test that it isnt any other thing...my doc said, because id had it for more then a year, then it was definatly ibs..ive now had it for 5 years..the symptoms you describe sound very much like ibs...i find it does get much worse when im stressed or run down...stomach bloats, pain under ribs and lower back..and sometimes it can be constant...i dont take any medication for it, and it is very common..apparently one in three ppl have it, so check that out...

worrywuss
02-01-07, 11:54
thanks for the advice everyone, my minds been put at rest a little bit now although im still going to book an appointment with the dr so she can refer me for an endoscopy like she said, just to be sure

rachel xxx

kittykat
02-01-07, 12:47
Hey Worrywuss,

I've had numerous probs with my tummy, really bad gripping pains which were excruciating and at the mo really bad heartburn and whilst eating im getting a pain which is making me scared to eat.
I've had an endoscopy 6 mths ago and everything was fine perfectly healthy tissue he said, i did test positive for helicobactor though. I still worry in case they missed something.
Stress and worry definately play a part in aggravating things and can also cause ibs, my doctor even suggested tht i may have it. So dont worry too much and take the endoscopy as it does help to put your mind at rest a bit.
Hope you feel better soon and feel free to pm me if you want any info on having the endoscopy.

Take care

shirley xx

worrywuss
02-01-07, 17:03
thanks shirley x

dont know if i want any info to be honest as it might start getting me more worried if i know whats in store for me lol!!

hope you feel better soon :)

rachel xxx

worrywuss
03-01-07, 14:42
grrrr!!!!

ive had some new symptoms last night and today and was wondering what you all thought?

i was sick a little bit in my throat last night ( sorry if too much info! ) and this morning ive had diohrrea twice within the space of 30 mins. my bad throat and chest seems to be getting worse ( like a chest infection symptom ) and ive got a nasty taste in my mouth.

i went back to the docs again today and she gave me yet MORE tablets to take and ive got to go next week to be deffo reffered for an endoscopy if no better. when i asked her if she thought it was serious or not she replied....well im hoping not!! doesnt fill me with much confidence to be honest [V]