PDA

View Full Version : shortness of breath back again

eddy1608
18-10-14, 20:49
i used to get this all the time but i havent had it much recently but then 4 days ago it started again. it feels like i cant get a full breath in at times, i did an hour in the gym today and 16 mins straight skipping yesterday and i was ok but i still worry all the time. my throat has felt a little sore lately and a bit tickly so i dont know if thats casuing it. does anyone else get this if so how do you ease it??
thanks

Izzie2494
18-10-14, 21:21
Hi, I used to get this alllll the time. I think it's because we think we need more air than we actually do, so we take big breaths when really just small , shallow breaths are fine, the only thing that worked for me was distracting myself so I wasn't thinking about my breathing :)

nomorepanic
18-10-14, 21:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Worrier97
18-10-14, 23:38
Yes I get this often, episodes of feeling like I can't breath properly. It makes me sigh a lot and often I toss and turn at night, kept awake by the feeling of not being able to get a good breath. It's very frustrating.

I've heard it's likely to be caused by bad breathing habits brought on by stress, a kind of hyperventilation meaning you are getting too much oxygen. Hard to believe when for me it feels like exactly the opposite.

Retsgard
26-10-14, 19:37
I get this :)

Not in the 'full on hyperventilation' panic way, more that slowly over a few hours I must over breathe and get the physical symptoms. Agitation, yawning, coughing, cramp, pins and needles...numb nose or fingers.

I can go months between episodes then it takes a couple of days to ignore my breathing pattern, even thinking about it messes the rhythm up :huh:

bchrismar
27-10-14, 20:01
Shortness of breath is super common. I had it all of the time when I was at peak sensitization. I get it now only during setbacks, like right now.

It lifts as your overall condition lessens which takes work of course.

Amylee1982
27-10-14, 21:06
Yes i have this too. On and off feel like i have to focus on breathing...when distracted it went funny enough x