PDA

View Full Version : loss sense of taste

anxiousjo
18-10-14, 23:34
Hi everyone,

After feeling ok and like I had anxiety under control last few weeks have been very stressful andI thought I was coping ok until today when I was eating chocolate and realised I couldn't taste it. The more I think about it the more I can't taste. I have that horrible feeling I have find something elseand that long hill of another symptom to climb and the dread if worrying it's something terrible.

Thanks

anxiousjo
19-10-14, 07:09
Can't taste anything now totally scared anyone had this before?

MyNameIsTerry
19-10-14, 08:49
My mum has recently had this with her sense of smell but it has returned to normal now and just happens occassionally.

When I did some searching about this it said that it is best to consult a GP to determine if there is a reason for it. It also said it was more prevalent in the older generation and people with diabetes but it also had things that were nothing to worry about and it did relate to sense of smell and taste.

Another issue was medication as some of them cause this. Have you started any recently?

So, I suggest you try not to worry about this, as ridiculous as that probably sounds, and contact your GP.

anxiousjo
19-10-14, 10:00
Thank you for replying. I am fairly young and don't think I have diabetes as I am generally quite healthy. I feel like it has a psychological element as Ithe more I think aboutit the worse it gets . I dunno the power of the mind I suppose. But I think I will go to my go as itis a very odd feeling x

MyNameIsTerry
20-10-14, 06:31
Its worth going because this is a legitimate physical issue, not something that you are seeing that isn't there. There could be a reason and your GP will know what to do to find it and treat it if necessary.

Don't worry though, when I looked at this there were basic issues that could cause it.

venusbluejeans
20-10-14, 10:42
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.