PDA

View Full Version : Relationship anxiety

GirlAfraid23
19-10-14, 11:10
Okay, so to set the scene...I'm in a long distance relationship with a guy I've known for quite a while now.
It was quite an intense relationship from the start and we both realised we had strong feelings for each other after around 2 months of talking everyday.

He told me he loved me first...in person, it was a lovely moment but I didn't say it back immediately. Later that day, I said it...because I realised I did love him. It was just a bit of a shock to hear it as I hadn't expected it.

Anyway, fast forward to 7 months into the relationship...I feel like I'm the one saying "I love you" first a lot of the time, whenever I do say it, he says "I love you too". But I can't help feeling that's just a reflex reaction. I know I'm probably over thinking things as usual. When we are together, we have a wonderful time and enjoy each other's company a lot.
I just have these doubts now and again...long distance is hard anyway, but when you don't hear I love you very often, you start to worry.
I think he is one of those people who regards it as a special thing and doesn't want it to lose it's meaning or become redundant.
I saw him a few weeks ago in person and he said it first then...and a few weeks before that when we stayed over in a hotel and he bought me a red rose and placed it on the bed as a surprise.
However, since then he's been a bit colder towards me and doesn't say things unless I say them to him...I often say I miss him and he says "I miss you too" it's always in reply to what I say. Occasionally he will say things first, but it always feels like it's me.

Any advice or some kind of reassurance would be helpful :( I'm frightened of pushing him away but I want to know he still feels the same.

gregcool
19-10-14, 11:21
Hi there,well thats a hard one to workout,some of us guys can say i love you etc forever more and some just cant or do not feel we need to keep saying it,we can get relaxed and kind of forget,.is he still showing you love and afection.for me when i was in love with my wife,i found for the first few or many months i said i love you etc,but after s while she was the one who said it most,it wasnt that i didnt love her or care for her anymore i just got lazzy i think,content relaxed,but she wanted to hear it more just like you,she new i loved her but wanted to hear me say it tho,it did efect our relationship in the end because it made her feel insecure,i wouldnt worry to much bout it as long as he is showing you love and kisses,but if you feel realy insecurer about it,you could sit down with him and have a little chat and tell him how you feel,,sorry for my bad spelling,,