PDA

View Full Version : exhaustion

Pet59
19-10-14, 15:59
Hi all
Feeling pretty low today. Am absolutely exhausted and have been for a few days now. I sleep but then I waken as if I have forgotten to breathe. my heart is then flying with palpitations too. I am so worried something is wrong with my heart as I heard or read somewhere that being really tired was a sign things werent working properly. Did my blood prrssure and it was 142/92 and pulse of 85. I did it again and it had gone down slightly to 141/85 and 85. Just scared.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Anyone?

Frankie123
19-10-14, 17:47
I don't have an answer to your question but health anxiety can make you really tired. When I first had it I used to sleep for hours and hours and still had no energy to do anything. I think one of the biggest problems with heart problems is breathlessness which you don't say you have. If you are really worried then it may be worth you making an appointment with your doctor.

debs71
19-10-14, 19:07
I would hasten a guess that this is purely anxiety doing its dirty deed again, Pet59.

Your BP readings are very probably due to high anxiety. I know it is scary and totally understandable to immediately believe that it is cardiac related, but nine times out of ten it is not with us.

Another thing (which I hope will reassure you also) is that heart issues do not typically present with palpitations being a symptom/sign. If you figure that, and put it together with your BP readings, it points at anxiety as being the culprit.

Exhaustion is also a big side effect of anxiety and stress/depression, etc. It is the high adrenaline that is created by anxiety that creates that wiped out feeling.:hugs:

Arran7225
07-11-14, 15:20
So glad I saw this post. I have been feeling tired on and off the last few weeks. On Monday I had a melt down panic, shacking, sweating, dry mouth fast hart beat blah blah blah.

I have had a feeling in my belly that I have when I'm nervous about doing a presentation or alike. It's pretty much constant however is relived when I'm talking to someone or busy.

The doc has given me diazepam I took two yesterday 2mg and had a nap for about three hours. That in its self worried me. I had seven hours sleep last night but still feel sleepy.

Mindknot
07-11-14, 15:45
Read through this: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

Tiredness, palps etc - it's all there. Anxiety's exhausting!