PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

fairyclairy
01-01-07, 15:43
Hiya,
I was just wondering if anyone else has this with their anxiety and panics.. last night i was sat in the pub and suddenly went abit dizzy and the ground moved slightly, i wasnt panicing before it happened, it came out of nowhere and then ofcourse i panicked from their... Iv been sat here for about half an hour now and i suddenly feel sick, and this too has come out of nowhere, with my panics usually i have a warning, fast heartbeat or something but these last two things have come from the blue. I was wondering if this is normal or if i am actually ill, because i have a fear of vomiting so im panicking now incase i have a bug.
C x

kelly246
01-01-07, 16:13
hey i get dizzy outof the blue for no reason to i think it is just anxiety so you are not alone try not to worry x

wendy
01-01-07, 16:32
Hi

The feelings you describe re the dizzy feeling are almost always the first sysmptom on my panic even when I dont feel anxious, This is a really common panic trigger, I have a dreadful fear of fainting following this dizziness which I guess is why you panicked following feeling dizzy, please take comfort that despite many dizzy feelings I have never yet fainted, its just another nasty symptom that we home in on,

its awful but I promise I will pass

Wendy xx

Melina
01-01-07, 16:43
Hi,

I get the same thing. Also, I get something similar if people are too close to me such as in an internet cafe where the seats are very close together. First I get dizzy, get a headache and then really nervy

miss diagnosis
02-01-07, 17:31
i get this too but i notice its usually if im very hungry without realising
would this be the case?

mynameis
04-01-07, 22:17
I suffered like that initially, but as time as gone on & with 2mg diazepam, it as never returned (until I went 6 weeks without diazepam to see if I could do it !). Until that point, I was really pleased with myself. Wheels came off for a little while, but I'm just getting back to normal.

Saying that though, for those 6 weeks, it really was like the good old days. I know that I can one day return to normal, it's just got to be a slower path that I take. Gave me hope though from when I had none.

Hope you get better soon & try to stay positive !

fairyclairy
05-01-07, 12:25
Thanks for all your posts.
I dont think i am hungry when it happens, but it could be like you said and i might not be realizing that i am.. although when it happened in the pub on new years eve i definitly wasnt hungry because id just eaten.
It probably is just one of my panic triggers.. its such a horrible one to have becaise i have emetaphobia too, which is a fear of being sick, and when i go dizzy i tend to feel sick with it..
oh well, the power this fear has is unbelievable!
Thanks for all your replys though and hope everyone is fine and had a good new year,
C x