PDA

View Full Version : Timgly fingertips

Natalie x
19-10-14, 22:13
Hi, just recently I began to experience a tingling feeling in my fingertips of my left hand. When I touch them they feel slightly numb. I then started to get the same on my right hand however this was when I was moving things around. They feel a bit strange when I bend them in and out which obviously has caused me to panic. I'm worried it is something sinister but am hoping its just something to do with nerve endings? Has anyone ever experienced this before and can offer me some words of wisdom? I'm worried that the more I panic the more symptoms I will feel which will cause me to panic even more! Its a never ending circle!

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

I have also must googled and things regarding strokes are appearing!

pinkyjo
19-10-14, 22:42
Hi Natalie, I have posted a similar symptom this evening. Pins and needles today in my left hand and arm. When I feel anxious my fingers can tingle then the more I focus on it the worse it gets so more panic more symptoms. It's our anxious thinking that predicts the worst outcome ie stroke but we know deep down it's not this. Hope this helps x

Natalie x
19-10-14, 22:53
Hi there, thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you are also going through a similar thing. Its such a horrible feeling and I am trying to watch a film to distract myself and not think of the worst. I keep trying yo tell myself it could be a multitude of things and not something sinister so here's hoping. The thing that worries me is sometimes I don't always feel anxious for these symptoms to occur...

pinkyjo
19-10-14, 23:21
Yes I know what you mean. I can be ok then get these feelings or sensations and it is these that kick off my anxiety. Do you get a lurch and panic in your stomach when you are anxious? Xx

Natalie x
19-10-14, 23:50
Yes I do sometimes as well as my heart racing and I feel edgy if that makes sense?

nomorepanic
20-10-14, 00:25
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Bearclaw
20-10-14, 20:07
Hi Natalie,

I've had this all weekend, only in my left fingers though, I've had pins and needles in both arms off and on too

BC x

CleverLittleViper
24-10-14, 23:22
It might be a compressed nerve. Have you looked up Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? The fact that it moved from one hand to the next (did it start in your dominant hand, by any chance?) suggests that it could be that.

It's not really a serious condition. A lot of people get it. For some, it comes and goes without treatment. For others, they find they need a wrist splint/brace at night, or a steroid injection, and in severe cases, surgery may be required (but they try to avoid that).

I'd look it up, but it can also be just another glorious symptom of anxiety.