PDA

View Full Version : New person :]

Issy_Bum
01-01-07, 16:12
Hi, I'm Lisa, I'm 18 years old and I started suffering from panic attacks when I was 16. I've had treatment and I'm a lot better now but I still don't always understand what's going on in my own body so it'd be great to talk to other people with the same problems!
I get anxious in hot and corwded environments because I get scared that I may faint. I don't really understand it, I'm just scared of fainting.
Does anyone else feel the same thing?

manmoor
01-01-07, 16:21
Hi Lisa,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
01-01-07, 16:24
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

nomorepanic
01-01-07, 16:25
Hi Lisa

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Issy_Bum
01-01-07, 16:31

matt1981
01-01-07, 17:23
Hiya! and welcome theres all sorts of people on here with different anxieties theres many people just like you welcom and take care

matt xx

kittykat
01-01-07, 19:56
Hi there ,

Welcome to the site you'll find it a great help.

Take care

shirley xx

feels_like_home
01-01-07, 20:15
Hi Lisa,
I too have a fear of fainting. I get very dizzy and hot and feel like I am going to pass out. I cannot focus on anything. It happens if I am shopping a lot. You are not alone. I am here if you need to talk.
Take care,
Michelle

Issy_Bum
01-01-07, 21:28
Ah, at least I'm not the only one. I know my fear is completely irrational but I feel like I can't not worry, lol.

Robert Gill
02-01-07, 11:12
Hi I have been suffereing panic attacks and depression for about 6/7 years but only in 2006 have the panic attacks become so bad that they wake me up. I find i can cope during the day but if I wake at night a panic attack sends me out on the streets- sometimes walking for hours because it is the only thing that I feel I can do. I cannot sit still and lying in bed is impossible. the real trouble is that I get very tired and can't function properly in the day. Then as the day wears on I start to dread going to bed. I have taken medication and sleeing pils do work but I DO NOT WANT TO GET DEPENDANT.

Rob

Lauradee
02-01-07, 16:21
I always get the feeling im going to faint when i get a panic attack I find if I lay down flat and raise my legs up above so they are higher than my head that helps the blood rush back to your head and you should feel better. hope this helps

:)

lauradee

chucklehound
02-01-07, 16:57
Welcome to NMP:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Issy_Bum
03-01-07, 11:37
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I always get the feeling im going to faint when i get a panic attack I find if I lay down flat and raise my legs up above so they are higher than my head that helps the blood rush back to your head and you should feel better. hope this helps

:)

lauradee

<div align="right">Originally posted by Lauradee - 02 January 2007 : 16:21:16</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

The problem is I don't get the feeling that I'm going to faint, I just worry about the fact I could faint in certain situations and that causes me to panic. I don't know whether I have a phobia or something.