PDA

View Full Version : Hello

cub
20-10-14, 21:08
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to quickly introduce myself!

I am 27yrs old, female.. experienced my first panic attack about 3 months ago pretty much out of the blue.. like many people i confused it for a heart attack at the time, ended up at the hospital where i had ecg and blood tests all came back ok.

Ever since i have been having panic/anxiety? attacks on a regular basis. I can't seem to get a grip on them even though i have tried to make myself as healthy as possible in the meantime. Eating well, yoga, meditation, quit smoking etc

I feel as though the panic attacks are putting me in danger. I understand that it's the anxiety that causes the symptoms leading up to and during attacks but after i still feel highly stressed out and and i just can't seem to relax fully (unless i am asleep)

Is it possible that the stress from constant panic could lead to a heart problem anyway? People seem to advise that panic attacks are harmless but i don't believe the stress i am putting myself under can be good for me. I had an attack earlier this afternoon. Since then i have taken medication and went for a nap. I still feel a burning sensation over my heart since i have woke up and my muscles are tight and tense. I feel as though i can not relax properly at all anymore. It feels as though i am always on high alert and constantly worried about my health, it is exhausting. I don't feel like i am myself anymore. It is hard to focus and concentrate on anything else for too long a time and i feel very uncomfortable in my own skin. I keep trying to find ways to improve myself.. i am becoming a bit obsessed about things like what i eat. I not sure if that is normal?

I have tried to follow every technique i can find, nothing seems to work for me yet. I am confused and i don't know what to do next. Thanks for reading x

venusbluejeans
20-10-14, 21:36
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: