PDA

View Full Version : wisdom teeth help

katie92
20-10-14, 21:44
Hi I'm really worried went to dentist today and they never really done anything my wisdom teeth are hurting jaws tight and I'm worried of lockjaw I can't sleep any1 can ressurre me

.Poppy.
20-10-14, 22:18
Wisdom teeth won't cause lockjaw. They might hurt and make your teeth crowd together, though, which is why most people have them removed.

Have you talked to your dentist about getting them out?

katie92
21-10-14, 17:24
Ye they never said anything :( can ur jaw feel tight worrying x

Sunflower2
21-10-14, 19:06
I currently have 3 wisdom teeth coming through at the same time, and they've caused some strange feelings in mouth. Aching gums, teeth feeling like all my teeth are being pushed together, some ear and throat.. Anything really!
My dentist says that they only take them out if you have had 3 infections, if they aren't bothering you then they just leave them in. And you'll know if you had an infection, by the sounds of it you haven't!

.Poppy.
21-10-14, 20:21
I currently have 3 wisdom teeth coming through at the same time, and they've caused some strange feelings in mouth. Aching gums, teeth feeling like all my teeth are being pushed together, some ear and throat.. Anything really!
My dentist says that they only take them out if you have had 3 infections, if they aren't bothering you then they just leave them in. And you'll know if you had an infection, by the sounds of it you haven't!

I guess that's a cultural difference :). Here in the US, it's very much the norm to have your wisdom teeth removed - infections or not. It's pretty rare for people to not have it done at some point or another.

Wisdom teeth can cause all kinds of pain. I absolutely hated having them in my mouth and feeling them cutting in - I was so relieved to have them gone.

Sunflower2
21-10-14, 20:33
I think it's quite a recent thing - my parents have had them all out! Probably cutting back to save money! I'd hate to have to go through 3 infections before they remove them though.. The past few days they were cutting through my skin as well, they can be so annoying and painful at times!

katie92
21-10-14, 22:03
Thanks guys I just worry my jaws gonan lock but now I know it won't I'm worrier thanks again