PDA

View Full Version : Did the flying thing!

apm
25-08-04, 10:21
Hi all,

Well, I did it. Flight London to Edinburgh (with other half, no probs), and back on my own(!) (slightly jittery, but could have been the lack of sleep and hangover, a normal festival state of affairs). Helped to be City airport, and a small plane, but such a relief.

Next, the world. Well Cornwall actually.

Keep the faith,

Alex.

Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
-Groucho Marx.

sarah
25-08-04, 11:02
Hiya Alex

Well done you!!!
Brilliant news matey!
Im glad you had a good time, enjoy cornwall!!

love Sarah
xx

Purdybird
25-08-04, 14:21
Hi Alex

That’s great news, really fantastic. It has given me confidence to know that someone else has done it and successfully. I have a holiday booked at the end of September to Zante, Greece and I am a little apprehensive to say the least about the flight, normal thoughts the oldie but goodie….what it I have a panic attack, I can't get of a plane etc etc.!!!!.

You have given me confidence. Thanks and very well done.

Purdybird x

Ps do you have any tips?

seh1980
25-08-04, 15:12
hey Alex,

Well done mate!! Wow- you must be so proud!! You can go anywhere now...

Sarah:D

Karen
25-08-04, 15:19
Well done Alex :)

Meg
25-08-04, 15:41
Hey Alex,

I was thinking about you as I whizzed past the airport earlier this week .

I figured no news was good news.

Good for you .

Girlfriend and work both good ?

Meg

apm
25-08-04, 23:10
Thanks guys- your support means alot, and helped me get through this. Certainly a step towards freedom! I was very jittery when I first booked the ticket, and a bit the week before, but when it came to it, it was a doddle. There is nothing to be afraid of! We know our fears are all within us. In the worst, most irrational moments, clinging to one thought has always helped me: "it's only a XXX, it can't hurt me", whether it's a train, plane, traffic jam, whatever. It amazes me to think back to March, when I struggled to do anything. With the right kind of support (this site in particular), we really can get better. I won't say I'm back to how I was before-this thing has made me healthier and more reflective and more tolerant! There is an upside!!

Sarah- thanks, we can do it! Cornwall should be a blast, means another flight, ryanair this time (scrum cap to the ready..)

Purdybird- yes, if I can do it, you can do it too! Take water, rescue remedy, a good distracting book (I use harry Potter) and a walkman/ ipod etc with a good relaxation session on. You won't need them, but for the first time, it's helpful to have these back-ups to reassure.

Sarah 2- Might try Europe next, but you're right, it's a big step!

Meg- you are always there with good advice- thanks. Job and girlfriend both going extremely well at the moment!

Best and love to you all,

Alex.

Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
-Groucho Marx.

sal
26-08-04, 03:34
Hi Alex

Sorry late to reply to post.

Well done you have done great, did so well.

Pleased you are feeling ok and life is going quite well for you and love life is brilliant.

Take care and well done, an achievement that will lead to more achievements.

Love Sal xxxxx

jo-jo
29-08-04, 17:07
Hiya Alex

Fantastic news on your flight - and on your own on the way back too? Great stuff [^]

Hopefully your success will have given you a little extra confidence and your next journey will be even easier.

Well done! Best wishes, Jo

nomorepanic
29-08-04, 17:51
Hi Alex

I missed this post too - sorry for the late reply!

Well done to you - that is such a brill achievement and doing it on your own even better!!

I am so pleased for you and glad that the site has helped you to achieve this goal.

xxx

Nicola