PDA

View Full Version : I want to get things straight with doctors

Junot
21-10-14, 03:47
I was browsing the ECGs I had done from 2011 onwards and I noticed that since 2012 the QRS complexes in lead III have become sort of fragmented and short. I've read that fragmented QRS complexes can be markers of ventricular conduction disruptions secondary to MI, among other conditions. Since lead III "sees" the inferior portion of the heart, those complexes might be suggestive of past or recent inferior MI. I hate it when some doctors don't tell their patients the whole story or respond evadively to questions. I had never been told this by doctors, yet there are many scientific papers out there on this subject. Tomorrow I will go to the hospital and ask to talk to the ER doctor who saw me on Wednesday. I want an explanation on why he didn't referred me to further testing. And later l will want my cardiologist to explain me this QRS complex thing thoroughly until I am fully satisfied. I feel that something's physically wrong with me and I'm tired of being overlooked for being 29 and for my long anxiety record (as if CV conditions only affected the elderly). It's not normal to feel dizzy and short of breath after bending down for a while, but that's exactly what I felt today (and so many other times). It can't be due to anxiety. It doesn't make sense.

mummyanxious
21-10-14, 07:09
Well I get dizzy and sometimes feel short of breath if I am bending over for some time. But how long do you call some time?

The dr wouldn't have gone into this with you because you are a lay person as is the rest of the general public and don't understand phrases such as QT thingymibob. And presumably they didn't feel there was a problem anyway?
I once read (years ago when I was in the habbit of checking these things) that one of the leads can be easily influenced by outside forces. Can't remember which one so forgive me. But maybe it was a case of this?

By all means check if you feel there's a serious problem and do let us know how you get on but they are the ones trained to read these things. I wouldn't have a clue what I was looking at other than a series of squiggles!

Junot
21-10-14, 10:24
Well I get dizzy and sometimes feel short of breath if I am bending over for some time. But how long do you call some time?

I had a bath, got dried and bent down to trim my toenails for about 10 minutes. When trimming and when I stood up I started feeling dizzy/lightheaded and short of breath. I went to dinner and the symptoms persisted. Afterwards I lied in bed and did some deep breathing into a paper bag. Only then I found some relief.

The dr wouldn't have gone into this with you because you are a lay person as is the rest of the general public and don't understand phrases such as QT thingymibob. And presumably they didn't feel there was a problem anyway?
I once read (years ago when I was in the habbit of checking these things) that one of the leads can be easily influenced by outside forces. Can't remember which one so forgive me. But maybe it was a case of this?

Yes, they didn't feel there was a problem. Neither the other doctors I usually see. Yet, I find it odd that the QRS had changed its morphology in that lead and I would like to know why and whether it might be a signal of previous or ongoing myocardial ischemia or infarction. I've been experiencing chest symptoms for days now and heart and chest-related symptoms and episodes have been present throughout my (supposed) anxiety history.

By all means check if you feel there's a serious problem and do let us know how you get on but they are the ones trained to read these things. I wouldn't have a clue what I was looking at other than a series of squiggles!

I'm going to do that. And yes, they are by all means the ones trained to read ECGs but I happen to have a degree in the field of health sciences so I have a tendency to look at this things from a perspective different from that of a total lay person. Sometimes I wish I didn't know anything about health/medical sciences. I wouldn't worry this much.