PDA

View Full Version : I guess i'm really not as pretty as i thought should i accept being ugly to strangers

scaredgirl86
21-10-14, 04:16
I tried the advice given to me my you guys but today at a gas station, it was cold so i had my hood on and this guy at there was just looking at me in a strange face and was laughing at me for no reason like i was disgusting and i feel hopeless now i also should mention i get insecure about my pale skin and i have very dark hair which guys don't see as attractive

Oosh
21-10-14, 11:55
Pale and dark at the same time eh ? I dont know how that works.

Us guys dont find dark skin attractive eh ? I dont know where you got that from either.

I dont find different coloured or shades of skin attractive or unattractive. I look at the whole person when deciding that.

He probably couldnt see that much of you if you had your hood up ?

If a person was in front of me laughing at me id ask them what they were looking at. Maybe you should start doing this. What would he have done if someone had walked up to him and started laughing at him ?

Look after yourself, be the best person you can be and get on with your life away from and without giving a second thought to rude people like this.

I dont think ive seen anybody who looks that odd that they create a situation where people want to walk up to them consistently and laugh at them.

Sometimes you can find what you look for ?
If youve been bullied in the past maybe you look for the same behaviour from others to confirm what they said was true. And if youre looking for it youll tend to find it.

What do your friends or family think ?

Surround yourself with good people. Lifes too short to think about this stuff. Enjoy the good people in this world.

If theres not enough of them around you think where you could go, what line of work where you will be around nicer, kinder people.

Brunette
21-10-14, 13:40
You sound confused scaredgirl. You think you are pretty but you think strangers think you are ugly?

I doubt both things can be true.

In any case, what you need to accept is that you can't change the way you look. Learn to be happy with yourself and stop worrying what other people think about you. Unless you ask them, you can't be sure you are right about what they are thinking anyway!

scaredgirl86
22-10-14, 03:40
Thank you for replies,
Oosh i'm gonna pm you

brunette- i am confused and feel horrible about myself when i'm outside of the house but when i'm inside and look at myself in the mirror i look good and i don't get what others see when they look at me and your right i don't know what they are thinking but i just get a bad vibe when they look at me

.Poppy.
22-10-14, 15:24
I get the same way. When I look at myself in the mirror, often (not always) I am happy with what I see, yet I feel like strangers find me unattractive. But I've been in situations where people have told me I'm really cool or really pretty, and I still don't believe them!

I think you just have to love yourself. I know as well as anyone that that's not always easy, but I think it's worth it in the end. It doesn't really apply to your specific situation (or mine) but it's like the line in the song "All About That Bass" that goes "if that's not what you're into, then go ahead and move along...." I find that kind of empowering :)

mikewales
22-10-14, 16:38
Lots of men ( and women ) find pale skin and dark hair attractive, not everyone goes for tanned blondes !

Most people are also so wound up in their own lives they don't even notice strangers, or pay them more than a seconds attention.

It's a bit of a non starter worrying how strangers see you as you will never know unless you ask every one, and who cares anyway as it is unlikely you will ever see them again.

AlexandriaUK
22-10-14, 17:08
How do you know for definate he was laughing at you, I sat opposite someone on the bus and he was laughing, I looked at were he was looking and there was an old guy, no he wasn't laughing at him or me, seems he had ear piece in and was on the phone, appearances can be misleading.
To be honest why worry about what others think, only you matter xxx

scaredgirl86
23-10-14, 06:44
Thank you all for the replies

Poppy- i love that song i listen to it all the time