PDA

View Full Version : Severe constipation

Earthmum
21-10-14, 07:03
Hi could someone please try and advise me, and sorry for the TMI
But I have not been able to go about my business for 3 days, I haven't got any tummy pain etc just that very uncomfortable feeling of fullness down below where I need to evacuate, I slept only an hour last night as I was up constantly trying, I've now got hemmies due to the straining so its making it doubly uncomfortable :(
To make make matters worse i was told by a friend that I could have fecal obstruction and that's just raised my anxiety even higher, I managed to go to the loo this morning with very little evacuation but the fullness is still there and I really need to go as its making me tired and ratty, I tried hot water with lemon , mint tea and honey, honey on its own and lots of water, should I take a laxative I'm not keen on this idea as I' have a huge phobia taking meds, I'm now worrying I have fecal obstruction and will need to go into hospital or something
Has anyone on here suffered to these extremes and what have you done to make life more comfortable ? Should I see a doctor or wait it out a little longer ?
Again very sorry for the unattractive posting but I'm really worried
Thank you!

mummyanxious
21-10-14, 07:13
Is this a one off? Everyone is different and forcing yourself to go isn't going to make the matter any better. After I gave birth I was severely constipated. I could go. I was in agony, rolling round the room. It was one of the worst things I've ever experienced.
Do you have any over the counter remedies where you are? We have fybogel which is something I would use if I really had to. I would go for a proper laxative. Linseeds are very good for keeping you regular. 1 tablespoon every day. Mix into yoghurt or put on cereal etc. works every time for me.

Earthmum
21-10-14, 07:36
I get slightly constipated now and again but never this bad, thanks for the advice much apreciated,think I will go to the pharmacy now and pick something up!

---------- Post added at 06:36 ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 ----------

Yes they have, I live in Cyprus they have most things from the UK here ,I will check!