PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about yourself.

oldnews
21-10-14, 19:39
Hi everyone I am new on this forum and would like to get to know some of you better, could you all comment and tell me a bit about why you are here, what you suffer from, how you deal with it and what symptoms you experience.

:)

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

OK, ill start. I was diagnosed with bipolar in 2006 at the age of 13. I have severe up and down episodes which are manic and mania. when im on a manic episode I will stay in bed and feel very depressed, sometimes there is no reason for the overwhelming depression, it just hits me, this can last for a few days to weeks. then theres the mania side, i will become very active, happy, talkative - talking 10 to the dozen. I will want things done then and there and will feel very high as though i can accomplish anything and rule the world. I also have BPD, my symptoms are excessive spending ( i was bankrupt at 17) i still suffer with controlling my money so my partner now takes over the bills etc as i WILL spend it elsewere on things i dont need. another symptom is feeling very suicidal on occasion, feeling like my life is loosing control and that i am "unwanted". This year i was diagnosed with health anxiety, PTSD, and PND after the birth of my daughter in August. Read my other posts for my story of the traumatic birth and my health anxiety. I have been on a number of medications over the years but prefered to take nothing against my doctors wishes. I am now on propanalol for anxiety and sertraline.

Im a also a recovering addict, at 21 years old. My drug of choice was tramadol, (opiods) after a car accident left me with back pain at the age of 15, i then became hooked and only became clean last christmas when i fell pregnant with my daughter.

You may have a mental image of me and my life, you are probably way out.

I live in a very nice house with my partner who is very supportive and my 9 week old baby (and my dog Bella, the sharpei:), my partner has a very good job with excellent wages and he works full time to support us. We have nice cars and nice things but still this depression takes over me. Even when everything is going great, bummer how it works isnt it.

Oosh
21-10-14, 22:05
Hiya, welcome to the site

Well done for getting off the pain killers. There's a lot of that about these days.

My problem was social anxiety. Probably exposure helped more than anything.

Hope you find plenty of help and support here.

oldnews
21-10-14, 22:41
Hi oosh, i have been browsing the site for some time and decided to join over the weekend. already i feel it helps, especially when im feeling down and just need to know there are like minded people.

I suppose im lucky in the sense iv never experienced social anxiety, my anxiety tends to flare up when im alone and prefer to be around people, for some reason this makes me feel safe.

Getting of the painkillers was the hardest experience of my life, i used all my energy. id tried for years and kept relapsing, this time i knew i had to do it for my daughter. Its strange because to look at me you wouldnt think i have all the "problems".

thanks for the reply.