PDA

View Full Version : Tailbone pain - please can someone put my mind at rest

Jodymcc
21-10-14, 19:55
Hi all,

New here - hi all and thanks for replying.

I am a 31 year old female, fairly slim build.

Over a year ago I fell down the stairs landed on my coccyx (tailbone) and suffered weeks of pain. I had no pain for months now a year or so on every few weeks I seem to be in pain for a few days (getting more often) in my tailbone. It's not severe but it does hurt, my 7 year old jumping up and hanging from my tummy with his arms around my back makes it worse as does lying in the bath and anyone jumping and sitting on my legs when I am sitting down. I have a docs appointment on Friday but I have of course been googling and now I'm worried it could be bone/colon/cervical cancer!!!

One site even said her husband had it at 32 stage 3 and all blood tests and MRI scans had missed it for a long time :-( poor them.

Do I have anything to worry about? I think and maybe I'm wrong if it was bad it would never be better and get worse all the time never going away? Surely things like a bath etc and jumping would not bring it on too?

Please help out of my mind!!!!

Oosh
21-10-14, 20:20
I can't see the link between banging it and cancer :)
Cancer doesn't develop for that reason.

If you banged it hard you may have chipped the bone a bit.

I had an ankle X-ray and mri due to ligament pain. It showed up a small chipped bone on back of heel I've never even noticed.

A chipped bone may explain why it hurts occasionally when pressure put on the area.

Jodymcc
21-10-14, 20:30
Sorry I was explaining I banged it ages ago but I am unsure if its related to the bang or is just a coincidence, do you think I worried over nothing? Do you still get your pain in your foot now then? Sorry to hear about your psi and thanks so much for replying xx

Oosh
21-10-14, 20:36
That's the thing. The chipped bone in my heal has never hurt. The doc expected it to though. He asked did it hurt when it was pushed, prodded etc. so if you have a chipped bone it too would prob hurt in the scenarios you describe.

Jodymcc
21-10-14, 20:48
Thank you I feel like I am being crazy over nothing google always drops the C word into every symptom possible :-) strange you had no pain well that's good though :-)

I bet you think I'm a nutter lol

Oosh
21-10-14, 21:05
Not at all. It's easy to fear the worst. I can get neurotic over things. Health wise though I 'm more inclined to look for the more probable explanation. It's probably a safety mechanism so I don't panic myself (like you're doing lol)

blueangel
22-10-14, 09:12
I slipped down the stairs at home earlier this year and fell on my tailbone. It was excrutiating and the pain lasted for weeks. When I went to see the doctor about something else, I mentioned it and he checked it for me. It had been painful because I'd broken it! It's OK most of the time now, but I have to be careful that I don't sit right on it as that can aggravate it - sounds as though the same thing is happening to you.