PDA

View Full Version : Knock Back

LiziJenks
21-10-14, 19:58
I posted a while ago about starting a new job a few weeks ago and having really bad anxiety and panic attacks. Well I have been doing really well since then, enjoying work and the people I work with. Today I felt like I was back to the beginning, I had a massive panic attack in the middle of one of my classes (im a teaching assistant) and just had to get out of there. I went to see my manager and she suggested going home, as previously mentioned she is very supportive, so I did so. For the rest of the day I have just been sat dwelling and thinking why did this happen and why was it so bad?! I am so nervous about going back in tomorrow and them same thing happening again! Please help! xxx

Oosh
21-10-14, 20:28
Recovering is attaching no meaning to these incidents and bouncing back quickly each time.
Don't take time out, don't dwell. Just carry on where you left off. If it happens again you'll attach no meaning and bounce back straight away again. Doing that gives a reason to feel confident.

Maybe then try coping faster at the time. Visit the toilet, compose yourself, control your focus, slow deep breathes, get your confidence back and back in there like its nothing.

Don't dwell on it ! It doesn't mean anything.

chickpea
21-10-14, 22:18
Recovering is attaching no meaning to these incidents and bouncing back quickly each time.
Don't take time out, don't dwell. Just carry on where you left off. If it happens again you'll attach no meaning and bounce back straight away again. Doing that gives a reason to feel confident.

Maybe then try coping faster at the time. Visit the toilet, compose yourself, control your focus, slow deep breathes, get your confidence back and back in there like its nothing.

Don't dwell on it ! It doesn't mean anything.

Fantastic advice!
Stand your ground, hold firm and keep looking forwards.
I hope tomorrow's better.x

LiziJenks
23-10-14, 19:08
Thank you! I managed to get back in the next day and was fine! Got a week off now and then fingers crossed everything will be okay!

Thank you for the advice guys, its been much appreciated xx

chickpea
23-10-14, 22:32
Well done!
Keep reminding yourself of your success whenever you feel a wobble - you've done great!