PDA

View Full Version : Coping with living alone?

Molochop
21-10-14, 23:30
Hey. I just really need to spill my feelings out.
I moved out of my dad's place to a new place and I'm all by myself. My mind keeps constantly going crazy and I'm falling out of routine since I don't have much self discipline. I'm having a really hard time adjusting, even after over a year has passed. Just wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to cope with being alone. I'm not a people person at all although I do love talking to people and meeting new people it's just the idea of friends seem too much for me.
My dad has been visiting less and less because of his medical problems and my two sisters seem to be too busy to visit me. I feel that nobody cares about me and everyone thinks I like being alone and then.
Panic attacks are the worse and I can't keep my mind straight all by myself. I usually talk to myself to get myself to calm down.

I can't go back to stay at my dad's place because the reason I moved out was because my step mum was constantly bullying and picking on me also they have a cat which is severely infested with fleas, despite treatment, and bite the life out of my legs and body. My two sisters don't have room for me so I feel a little stuck. Any advice would be much appreciated.

PanchoGoz
21-10-14, 23:39
I have the radio on a lot when I'm by myself for long periods...I also try to go to the pub once a week to be social, plus being at work a lot of the time

Carnation
22-10-14, 01:41
The Library is quite a good place to hang around in without the pressure of talking to someone. Or maybe volunteer for a local Charity shop for half a day. The radio is great company because it feels like there is someone with you in the room. Or you could just chat to people on here. Car-boots are great and a lot of them continue on most of the year. Or go to a Coffee Shop and people watch. I always keep myself busy in the evenings, it's my worst time. So I do most of my chores then and before I know it, the evening has passed. :)

CameronG
22-10-14, 04:53
I'm agoraphobic & live alone, it does become very boring but I try to occupy myself with my dogs, Xbox, music, reading etc.

Drop me a line if you ever need to chat.