PDA

View Full Version : photography project- please help

julian1234
01-01-07, 19:52
Hello,

i am in my third year of studying documentary photography (BAhons). The course involves a lot of work with strangers, going out and meeting people, phone calls, asking them for their time and their help and i just can't do it. For the past two years all my projects have been based on people i have known- family.. but now my teachers have started to get a little impatient.

This might be a silly idea that wont work at all but i thought that maybe my first ever real documentary photography project could be on social anxiety. I felt it would be something i could relate to grately and in a way this might make me feel a little more comfortable (im not sure about the comfortable feelings of the people in the pictures?). Though i realise maybe a lot of the people who feel these things may feel uncomfortable with having their picture taken and meeting a stranger. I am not entierly sure how i would portray social anxiety etc but i would like to try and show what a burden and how life controling they are. I was thinking i could do a series of portriats with some text written by each individual .. saying a little about themselves and how the anxiety affects their lives.

I was wondering whether any body here would mind having their photograph taken for this project? You wouldn't have to look at the camera or do anything that would make you feel uncomfortable, I would prefer them to look as natural as possible, so i wouldn't want any fake smiling. Also my camera is a Bronica-which i look down into, which i feel is a little less intrusive.

I really, really need quite a few more people!! I need about 18 people in total and so far only have taken 6 peoples portraits (from a different forum). So please help if you can:)

I live in the north west but will travel to where ever you are

Thank you so much if you have read this far.
and Thank you for your time.

thank you

kilvosa
01-01-07, 21:53
Hi there
If you need anyone ill help just pm me ok?
All the best
Annex

airwolf451
01-01-07, 22:35
hey im in belfast but if ya need help pm

kazzie
01-01-07, 23:41
Hi

Im happy to help but I live in Southampton so if thats any use then shout!!!

kaz

wendy
02-01-07, 11:35
Hi

I live in Nr Sandbach Cheshire (J17 Off M6), I suffer more from General Anixety and Panic Disorder but would be more than happy to help you

Wendy x

happy1
13-01-07, 20:05
Hi I live in derby pm me if I can help.I think the best pics to show SA is pics of places we find near impossible.Like queing in a shop.
kat

clickaway
13-01-07, 20:13
You could portray social anxiety in various ways.

One idea would be to photograph a person standing outside a pub or other social place looking sad. Or someone running away from a group of people, perhaps screaming! Or even a lone figure in an empty environment.

I live in Surrey and would be happy to help.

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway/galleries

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

tracie
17-01-07, 19:25
by all means pm if i can be of any help im m5 j7

tracy x