PDA

View Full Version : Red flags for bowel cancer...

JustJules
22-10-14, 11:18
Panicking as my usual ibs symptoms have been different for a few months now since I got a tummy bug in Spain in June...also had a breast scare at the time so anxiety has been through the roof...now I have awful intermittent low backache and niggly pains and spent all day yesterday crying as I now think it's turned into bowel cancer and will be too late to treat...I am not passing blood. It then it cld be hidden...too terrified to go to drs as can't cope with bad news...off work this week on holiday but am wasting it sat googling and fretting. Keep thinking of Lynda Bellingham as she's all over the news and it petrified me seeing her like that...if I wasn't in my fifties probably wouldn't be as worried....

sam1878
22-10-14, 11:51
are you able to go and speak to your GP about your worries?
I have IBS and being stressed makes it worse :( this is why you might be feeling it has gone worse
The news about Lynda does'nt help at the moment so try and not watch it if you can help it x

nomorepanic
22-10-14, 11:56
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

JustJules
22-10-14, 12:06
Hi Sam...no, can't do GP too scared and what hell I went through with the breast cancer scare has made it too daunting to have to face up to...what a mess as I know I am being stupid...can't even cope with waiting for blood results when I have them. Tried a cancer phobia forum but that was awful.

lisa1975
22-10-14, 12:55
Hi I have ibs an one if my sympthoms is really bad lower back ache I'm sure that's all it is try not to stress an if your that worried go see your doctor for reassurance x

sam1878
22-10-14, 14:45
Hi Sam...no, can't do GP too scared and what hell I went through with the breast cancer scare has made it too daunting to have to face up to...what a mess as I know I am being stupid...can't even cope with waiting for blood results when I have them. Tried a cancer phobia forum but that was awful.

You sound like you have been through a scary and horrible time lately

I can totally understand how you feel about going to your GP - and having health scares which lead to tests then create even more worry and panic. I am exactly the same - I also struggle to cope with getting blood results and having to wait for test results too - it is horrible

I would still see your GP though and just talk to them - you might not need any tests and chatting through your symptoms might just put you at ease. I guess what I am trying to say is that your worrying anyway and if that carries on your IBS might get worse and then you will worry more (which is like a vicious circle) xx