PDA

View Full Version : Constantly feels like I have a water infection.

little.miss.worry
22-10-14, 21:20
I'm having such a rough time at the moment. I'm having sleepless nights because of it, constant panic attacks. I just want it to all go away. I was doing well with my anxiety until I actually got a water infection back in June. I was on holiday and ended up in hospital which I think is what set my anxiety back off.

For four months i've had constant feelings (on and off) of it hurting down below, it burning when I urinate and sometimes feeling like I constantly need to go to the toilet. It's getting beyond a joke now. For them four months I've constantly been too and from the doctors having tests etc. Absolutely nothing! In the end, the nurse said it could well be from my anxiety because I feel something small, constantly think about it and make it into a big issue. Which I accept but then I think, can anxiety really cause you this much pain and agro with the waterworks?

So anyways, she told me, instead of keep seeing a doctor, I can just drop in a sample every time it happens. I did last week and it came back positive that I had one. Obviously I went into instant panic and I was in hysterics. I only worry so much because I have one kidney and I always expect the worst. After about the 4th day my symptoms went and I realised I accidently took 2 in the space of an hour (because I was supposed to take one at 7 in the morning and one at 7 in the night) I woke up at 8 thinking I missed my alarm and when I realised this the symptoms started coming back. So off to the doctors I went I was on my 6th day of the antibiotics out of 7 and she dip tested and she said it's totally clear and she showed me but I honestly didn't know what I was looking at.

But, since then the stinging won't go away and i'm in constant panic and I just don't know whether it hurts because it's constantly on my mind and it's my biggest fear or what because it was Monday when she dip tested it and I finished my last tablets yesterday. I just don't know what to do and need help. It's making me feel awful about myself and I just can't enjoy anything anymore because of constant pain. :weep:

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

No one..?

AlexandriaUK
22-10-14, 23:34
There is something called irritable bladder syndrome which is similar to IBS, you get a constant feeling of needing to go loo and when you get there you only do a dribble, it can happen after you have had a water infection, nothing to worry about but not pleasant and can be aggravated by anxiety.
Warm baths and some paracetamol will help ease it.

Beckie4567
23-10-14, 00:18
Omg reading that threat is like my life right now !!! I had stinging pain down below which they sed was an infection got cream and that seemed to clear up after two weeks then last Friday I had the urge to wee all the time went to docters said cysitus and gave me anti biotics didn't do anything got another lot of different ones still nothing did tested urine in room and showed servers cysitus and nitrite +++ I.e uti so it's been sent to lab yesturday so I'm guna ring up tomoz and house fully get different tabs for what I need

I can def simperthize it's horrible I need to go every hour it's horrible :( I'll let u no how I get on xx

Beckie4567
23-10-14, 13:46
My sample which I took up yest whilst on anti biotics has come back clear :( but I'm still getting weeing sympotoms so confused now guess I'm in same boat as you :( how u doing x

little.miss.worry
23-10-14, 16:07
There is something called irritable bladder syndrome which is similar to IBS, you get a constant feeling of needing to go loo and when you get there you only do a dribble, it can happen after you have had a water infection, nothing to worry about but not pleasant and can be aggravated by anxiety.
Warm baths and some paracetamol will help ease it.

Ooh I didn't know that existed! Thanks for letting me know! I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow so I'll ask about that :)

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

My sample which I took up yest whilst on anti biotics has come back clear :( but I'm still getting weeing sympotoms so confused now guess I'm in same boat as you :( how u doing x

Hey! It's really frustrating and confusing isn't it! I feel like it's ruining my life right now. 4 months of hell ;( just want it to all go away! I'm ringing up the doctors once again tomorrow to make an appointment because why has this been happening and they haven't found anything? Makes no sense. And if it gets worse or you're really worried just keep going back because it's so distressing and it's the worst. I might ask if I can get referred to a gynaecologist. It needs to be sorted because I can't go on like this at all. I'm not feeling great it still hurts and I'm so panicky :/ hope you're feeling a little better though :)!

Beckie4567
23-10-14, 20:05
I think thinking about it prob dosnt help im thinking bout it 24 /7 I mean I obviously had a bladder infection before the anti biotics as my sample showed this before it was sent to lab and I guess as I took urine sample on my last day of my anti biotics it's got rid of the infection however I'm still like it aswell as soreness down before but also on one side :( it's very depressing I've been to gyno how's done a pelvic exam all normal and also done a smear as I was experiencing spotting after sex which came back clear :( so I have no idea but it ain't nice let me no how u get on tomoz xxxx

little.miss.worry
23-10-14, 20:43
I think thinking about it prob dosnt help im thinking bout it 24 /7 I mean I obviously had a bladder infection before the anti biotics as my sample showed this before it was sent to lab and I guess as I took urine sample on my last day of my anti biotics it's got rid of the infection however I'm still like it aswell as soreness down before but also on one side :( it's very depressing I've been to gyno how's done a pelvic exam all normal and also done a smear as I was experiencing spotting after sex which came back clear :( so I have no idea but it ain't nice let me no how u get on tomoz xxxx

I'm exactly the same! It's literally never off my mind and when I got mine tested on my 6th day out of 7th taking the anti biotics apparently nothing showed up on my sample! and i'm fine but like you I have soreness down there and it hurts so much when I wee (stinging) and I had one of them not long ago actually! But performed by a doctor and she couldn't feel anything and she was baffled by it all.. and I've had smears too, and nothing :/ I can't have sex or go the toilet without it hurting and it's just the worst.. and I will do! :) xxx

Beckie4567
24-10-14, 00:02
How old r u may I ask ? I no it's horrible ain't it I also had infection show up on dipstick and when I did a sample whilst in 6th day of anti biotics sample came bk clear !! So there must have been an infection somewhere but yeah it's only sore on one side for me down below at moment strange docs had a look sed there's nothing but I'm going bk for a proper examination and a good look in a few weeks :( it suxs. So depressing let me no how u get on tomoz xx

little.miss.worry
24-10-14, 17:36
How old r u may I ask ? I no it's horrible ain't it I also had infection show up on dipstick and when I did a sample whilst in 6th day of anti biotics sample came bk clear !! So there must have been an infection somewhere but yeah it's only sore on one side for me down below at moment strange docs had a look sed there's nothing but I'm going bk for a proper examination and a good look in a few weeks :( it suxs. So depressing let me no how u get on tomoz xx

I'm 18 :) and yeah it really is! well it must have worked then but obviously, something is causing the pain :/ if it hasn't gone, definitely go back. It's not worth suffering and worrying! Makes you go mad :/ I went and basically, I saw such a nice doctor who I haven't seen before. Told him everything and obviously he read it on the computer, he dip tested looked at it, nothing. He then said i'll examin you while we wait a few minutes to see if there's any changes. He felt all my back and stomach and I told him where it hurt. He checked back and he said definitely no infection and he said, to be blunt i'm baffled by it. He went through everything it could be and then in the end, he's reffered me to a hospital (i'm going on Friday) they'll scan all of my stomach, back, bladder and kidney (only have one so they'll only check the one :roflmao:) and i'm gonna be taking loads of test.. and the results should come back soon after.. hopefully everything will be okay.. i'm just worrying about that now! :/ hope you're doing okay today xx

Beckie4567
25-10-14, 08:48
Hey I'm not to bad yeah there must of been some sort of infection but still need to wee more than usual it is better than what it was still not right but Im also thinking about it 24/7 now which prob dosnt help!! :( I'm sure your scan s will be perfectly fine I'm guna ask for one Monday wen I go bk just to put my mind at rest ! Can't deal with this at Xmas need to be happy got two kids also .let me no how u get on with scans praps where we've had an infection our bladders have gone into overdrive :( I'll let u no how I get on Monday bk to docters again :( xx

little.miss.worry
25-10-14, 20:19
Hey I'm not to bad yeah there must of been some sort of infection but still need to wee more than usual it is better than what it was still not right but Im also thinking about it 24/7 now which prob dosnt help!! :( I'm sure your scan s will be perfectly fine I'm guna ask for one Monday wen I go bk just to put my mind at rest ! Can't deal with this at Xmas need to be happy got two kids also .let me no how u get on with scans praps where we've had an infection our bladders have gone into overdrive :( I'll let u no how I get on Monday bk to docters again :( xx

Most probably :/ and it really doesn't help at all, you need to try and take your mind off things :/ and hopefully, I'm just trying not to think about it now :) and yeah that seems like a good idea or else you'll be worrying a lot. And okay, i'm probably going back the doctors on Tuesday now too.. i've got something else now! It's like when I get one thing sorted or getting it sorted, another thing pops up! :curse: fed up is not the word. xx

Beckie4567
25-10-14, 22:33
Yep that's usually what happens lol I'll be going bk Monday as I'm still feeling astho I need to wee what ya nee symptom Hun x

little.miss.worry
28-10-14, 16:56
Yep that's usually what happens lol I'll be going bk Monday as I'm still feeling astho I need to wee what ya nee symptom Hun x

How did it go?? :) and i've decided not to go. I burst my ear drum not long ago and it takes like two months to heal but my neck hurt so much I couldn't touch it (the side of the burst ear drum) and each day my pain has gone off but still got the ear ache.. just trying to forget about it :) x

Beckie4567
28-10-14, 21:58
Hey u ok my urine test mon detected blood and white blood cells in urine so they sent my sample to lab and gave me more anti biotics but I rang today and my sample all normal so now I'm confused still need wee every few hours :( don't no where to go from here guess I'll be going bk how u doing x

little.miss.worry
28-10-14, 22:06
Hey u ok my urine test mon detected blood and white blood cells in urine so they sent my sample to lab and gave me more anti biotics but I rang today and my sample all normal so now I'm confused still need wee every few hours :( don't no where to go from here guess I'll be going bk how u doing x

That's what mine detected when it came up that I had one.. and that's so odd :/just keep pestering until you find out what it is! Because you can't go on like that really, it's a pain! :/ and i'm just fretting because I'm worried i'm gonna get tonsilitis again because I have a sore throat and I've got it into my head they're swollen and i'm constantly checking them and freaking out :/ and then I have this ear pain and it's just horrible :(

Beckie4567
28-10-14, 22:30
Are u still needing to wee all the time x

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

I'm sure you've just a cold Hun it's all connected ya ears and throat :( x

little.miss.worry
28-10-14, 22:50
Are u still needing to wee all the time x

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

I'm sure you've just a cold Hun it's all connected ya ears and throat :( x

Nope thankfully! That's gone away because i've stopped thinking about it :/ and yeah maybe.. i'm just worrying a lot because I just don't want to go back to the doctors at all :(

Ange1
29-10-14, 08:26
It could be you have Interstitial cystitis ( painful bladder syndrome ) it's not an infection but often starts after one or when you are stressed. Very common in woman and could be related to the hormone cycle. Anxiety makes it a whole lot worse so being able to relax would help. Hope you get it sorted soon xxx

Beckie4567
29-10-14, 08:35
Thanks ange my doc did mention that to me but I've read up on it and it sounds horrible :( don't think I cud live day to day like that it's a nitemare especially wen were out it also sed ic can start after vagituts a vaginal infection which is what I had a few weeks ago which took two weeks to clear :( happy days thanks for your msgs x

Beckie4567
08-11-14, 08:24
How r u little miss