PDA

View Full Version : Had colonoscopy today and now panicking!

fairyloveheart
22-10-14, 19:00
Had a colonoscopy today with sedation which I must add was not traumatic at all. I was so dreading it. Had an endoscopy too and it was fine.

Anyhow, nothing untoward was found although they took some biopsies to send off anyway just in case.

What I am now totally stressing about is a bowel perforation, what if they've perforated by bowel. My tummy hurts and I feel so gassy. How would I know if something serious was wrong and she perforated me?.. Would I know quickly. Is the pain just the gas, it feels really gassy and I've just eaten something to see if that helps as haven't eaten really since yesterday morning. I am just fretting about this now....argh

chickpea
22-10-14, 19:16
You'd know if they'd perforated your bowel, I'm sure!
What you're feeling is very normal after a colonoscopy - a combination of the effects of the prep, not eating and being pumped full of air.
You will feel much better after a meal and a good night's sleep.

fairyloveheart
22-10-14, 22:05
:(. Sick of always worrying about something. I should be happy they didn't find anything, not worrying about ruptures!

fairyloveheart
23-10-14, 14:41
It's really hurting :(.

nomorepanic
23-10-14, 15:06
Mine hurt for about 3 days afterwards because they had taken biopsies

fairyloveheart
23-10-14, 21:52
Thanks. I am totally panicking thinking it's torn or perforated. How would I know :(

nomorepanic
23-10-14, 22:27
You would be in agony and vomiting I would think

fairyloveheart
24-10-14, 18:07
Thanks. No better today, no worse but no better. I think I will
Go to the hospital tomorrow as it really is worrying me...

nomorepanic
24-10-14, 18:10
Call the out of hours doctor and see what they say.

fairyloveheart
26-10-14, 10:18
I went to the walk in clinic after calling 111 and I have to say they were not very helpful. Just prodded my stomach, said bowel perforation was unlikely and sent me away with a prescription for buscopan even though I said that didn't work.

Feeling so fed up, have a four year old to run around after and I just want to hide under the duvet. Have never had pain so bad as this before. It is round my back and right hand side primarily, but so sharp. I assume it's gas but why is it like this, what if I never get any relief again. My stools are fine but mucusy, so why the pain?

:(