PDA

View Full Version : 1 year on

jayjoe18
22-10-14, 19:16
It's a year since I started taking medication and I've definitely made loads of progress in different areas of my anxiety. I've done a lot over the last year in terms of events etc that I wouldn't have done before and in general I can see improvements within myself.

I am getting better but I'm still a long way off to being in a place I'm happy with, I still need to really work on making friends again, independence & confidence, work and/or going back to education which all seem out of reach just yet.

The problem I'm having now is that I'm starting to notice I'm becoming a lot more anxious, in particular the anticipation is getting a lot worse. I'm unsure whether it's because I'm doing more now so there's more pressure and therefore more anxiety to deal with? For example, I have a family party coming up, hen party, family wedding, along with Christmas etc and I'm learning to drive too so I have that extra stress. I've got my theory test in 3 weeks time. It doesn't sound like too much, I mean people go to work everyday Etc with anxiety, but I'm just starting to feel a little overwhelmed. Should I be feeling this way?

Either I'm doing too much too soon or my dose isn't enough anymore as I'm still on my starting dose that I started at last year (5mg).

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Do I up my dose? Or is it normal what I'm feeling?