PDA

View Full Version : Lustral scared to start

Nat99
23-10-14, 15:03
Hi I was on seroxat for 18 months about 12 years ago when I was in my late 20's and side effects were horrible. 3 weeks ago a couple of Health anxiety symptoms triggered me and here I am 3 weeks later in a terrible state, looking at a packet of lustral panicking about taking them as my little boy is with me and wondering how did this happen and what a let down I am. :( I am too scared to take the lustral on my own but my mum said try the diazepam 2mg just to calm me down. I just don't know what to do. If I take them I am wondering if I will be able to go to work and I am also having a bcc removed tomorrow (2nd one) they said its fine and curable but I am worrying all the same. At the moment I feel I won't come back from this now and I'll be like this forever. I am meant to be getting married in February, and if I am still like this I don't know what I will do.

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

I just took 1mg of diazaoam pathetic I know :( thinking if I start the lustral I will get signed off as I'm sure my doc would but not sure If that's the right thing to do.

MrAndy
23-10-14, 15:15
your thinking to far ahead of yourself and need to start taking each day at a time until you feel better.You are also not pathetic at all,anxiety is an illness like any other.If you need a break from work take it and get yourself better with the support of your family and doctor.Stop being so hard on yourself

Nat99
23-10-14, 15:29
Thank you. Because of my fear of taking tablets I asked doc If I could start on 25mgbbut he said it would just be a waste of time. But do you think it woukd be ok to take say half of tablet in morning and one in later afternoon say or would this not work? My fiancé is so supportive but says he just feels helpless and hates seeing me so upset. I think my biggest fear with tablets is the fact that although I have been feeling very anxious I haven't actually had a few blown panic attack for years and the thought of maybe getting one when I start on these tablets absolutely terrifies me!

MrAndy
23-10-14, 15:35
Thank you. Because of my fear of taking tablets I asked doc If I could start on 25mgbbut he said it would just be a waste of time. But do you think it woukd be ok to take say half of tablet in morning and one in later afternoon say or would this not work? My fiancé is so supportive but says he just feels helpless and hates seeing me so upset. I think my biggest fear with tablets is the fact that although I have been feeling very anxious I haven't actually had a few blown panic attack for years and the thought of maybe getting one when I start on these tablets absolutely terrifies me!
you could take 25mg for a few weeks then go up to 50 ,some people do that
I started at 50 and stayed on 50 and felt good,i found it easy to get on and off
you have nothing to be scared of ,think of them as vitamins thats what i did

Nat99
23-10-14, 17:52
Did u not get any side effects at all? I don't know if it's in my head but only after taking 1mg of diazapam I am feeling slightly "funny" :(

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

I just asked doc that if I started on the lustral could I start on 25g and then up it later on. He said he didn't reccommend this at all as the minimum dose is 50g. I just thought it would help with my fear of taking them or am I kidding myself?

MrAndy
23-10-14, 19:19
They do 25mg tablets but at the end of the day you are going to experience some start up side effects.Its your choice ultimately ,once they settle down in 3-6 weeks things usually improve