PDA

View Full Version : 100 days of happiness

jefferina
23-10-14, 16:51
This post is probably in wrong place but oh well.... Anyway there has been a friend of a friend on Facebook doing this challenge. If you google it you will find out more.. It's 100 days of happiness So basically you commit yourself to a 100 days of happiness... So everyday you log and take a picture of something that has made you happy.. So for example can be as simple as a good cup of tea, tv programme, good book etc. or bigger things like days out, seeing a friend etc...
I'm thinking of doing this soon? I have social anxiety so I'm thinking maybe this could help me to get out and do more?? I sit here imagining myself after a100 days all the things I could maybe do.... The idea is you become happier with the life you have by noticing all that is good, you find new things you like, you find out who you are and maybe well hopefully become happier!! I mean what is there to lose it's maybe worth a go???
I'm waiting some test results for my mum and once they are here and hopefully she is ok I'm going to do this challenge... This with my mum has made me realise how life can change so quickly. So who ever does this challenge good luck to you and hope you have a brilliant 100 days xx

sambo86
23-10-14, 16:54
That sounds brill Jefferina:) I may just try that! Let us know how you get on :)

lior
23-10-14, 16:56
It's a good idea to do.

It's a challenge to take a picture of one thing that brought you joy that day and share it on social media. It's similar to counting your blessings / the attitude to gratitude thread.

But you know, even if you do this, it doesn't mean you can control your happiness necessarily. I've been counting my blessings most days for the last few months and I'm still badly depressed.

I'm trying to say that it's a positive thing to do, but it's not like if you decide to be happy for 100 days, every single one of those days will definitely feel good for you.

I hope they make sure that the challenge makes it clear that signing up isn't going to magic all the problems away.

jefferina
23-10-14, 17:01
I agree lior but maybe just maybe in them darkest days this will enable you to find a little something to be happy about. I don't know maybe wishful thinking... Having a bad time lately just looking for something to focus on.
Sambo86 yeah try it too xx goodluck