PDA

View Full Version : Petrified of vomiting PLEASE HELP!!!!!

babygirljess22
24-10-14, 17:45
I had norovirus in October 2012 then was admitted as an emergency to hospital with gastroentritis which I was treated in hospital for 6 days since then I have been diagnosed with post infectious IBS, I am now lactose intolerant and petrified of winter when the bug is around more my hand hygiene now is IMPECCABLE its other I worry about.

I had lunch as normal I always over cook the food because I am so scared of getting sick but I have got really bad upper stomach pain, nausea and feeling SO panicked I am about to come down again with the norovirus my appetite is completely off I don't want to eat anything because I feel so urghh right now

What is wrong with me please help I am getting into such a state here and my mum doesn't understand she will tell me to pull myself together but I am so scared what may happen :weep:

venusbluejeans
24-10-14, 17:48
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

chickpea
24-10-14, 21:29
Your anxiety is understandable, given what happened 2 years ago.
Like you, my son got Norovirus and ended up in hospital with gastroenteritis on a drip for 3 days - he spent his first birthday there.
He has had sick bugs since and never been as bad again, so hopefully that will reassure you.

The pain and nausea could be a combination of anxiety and IBS. It's obvious you are in a state of anxiety generally at the moment, which will affect your stomach when you eat.
Try to find a way to calm down. Have a bath, take some long, slow breaths and ignore your thoughts.
Yes, it COULD be a bug, but if it is, worrying won't help. More likely, it is IBS and will pass as you relax. Have you got any peppermint tea? Or just chamomile would help.

babygirljess22
24-10-14, 22:15
Hi Chickpea I am SO sorry to hear your little boy was in hospital on his 1st birthday poor bubba I get so nervous because I am a nanny looking after three boys they are 7, 4 and 3 next month got my hands full with them but if one of them throws up suddenly I get so panicky thankfully my boss is SO understanding.

My stomach has calmed down a bit I had something very light to eat but suffering with really bad upper stomach pain do you think I could be gluten intollerant? I am in the process of looking it up

chickpea
24-10-14, 22:58
Thanks. It was awful at the time - he was so poorly.
I used to be phobic about being sick, to the point where my husband ad to deal with both children when they were ill. However, I've realised that if you're around children a lot, you do seem to develop immunity - I have never caught a sickness bug from my kids, and they are 11 and 8 now. Think about it - teachers would be off sick all the time if they caught every bug going round their classes!

I have IBS and sometimes a single biscuit can set it off - it can be that I haven't eaten enough, or I've eaten too late after the previous meal, or it can be what I've eaten...It's almost impossible to say exactly what triggers it.

It could be trapped wind if you've been shallow breathing. Try to deep breathe for a while.
Hope you feel better soon.x

vaporgalaxy
10-03-15, 00:22
I also fear getting sick to my stomach. :(