PDA

View Full Version : Actual knee problem or figment of health/general anxiety?

pinkviolinist
24-10-14, 18:41
About a month ago, my sister put her hand on my knee, and then yelled "ew I felt something move!". I didn't feel anything, but ever since then, the knee has been feeling very strange on and off.

I literally can't explain it. There's no pain, but it feels a little... twisted? Another way to describe it is as if it's soon going to dislocate if I move it suddenly or spend too long putting pressure on it, and it also feels like theres a tiny bit of pressure there. I've since been very conscious/aware of the position my leg is in. The feeling is on the right side of my kneecap, on my left leg.

I've been to 2 doctors about this, and have had an exam both times where they feel the joint and move the leg around, and both told me it feels fine and that I shouldn't worry, but I keep feeling it, and the more I feel it, the more worried I get that It'll dislocate.

I can't look at my knee when the kneecap is fully visible because it looks so fragile and I'm scared to knock it in case it dislocates. As you can imagine, this is really hard and strange to me :( I feel so incredibly stupid, because I've googled and can't find ANYONE with knee anxieties!

I know it sounds like anxiety, but I have a hard time believing it! If somebody could help me that would be great. :'(