PDA

View Full Version : Please read and give advice

Archielewis
24-10-14, 19:00
Hi everyone,

Sorry about the subject of this post it's only because I've posted before and didn't get reply and I'm really worried.

Long story short, I've had loads of panic attacks in the last 5 months. I had every symptom under the sun. I've had 4 ECGS , blood tests and now I'm waiting for results on a urine test to check my adrenaline levels and a blood test to check my thyroid and kidneys.

Recently one thing I'm worried about is my heart pounding so hard, this has been happening for ages but recently it's been worse. It's at its worse when I try to sleep it pounds so hard that I can't sleep. I was just wondering if you think this is anxiety related? After it pounds for a while I then get a feeling of butterflies in my chest around the heart. Sometimes it pounds so hard my whole body moves and I can hear it on my pillow. It seems to be better when I drink alcohol (I don't drink a lot) but the palps seem to stop. My most recent symptoms are ringing in my ears and muffled ears also I feel kinda weak and shaky a lot of the time.

Does this sound like anxiety to you guys?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Carnation
24-10-14, 20:21
Yes, ArchieLewis. I have this. Anxiety can be at it's worst at night, especially going to sleep. Your Mind won't shut down, you are feeling scared and Panicky. The Heart thuds and sometimes moves in to the stomach area. It doesn't matter which way you lay, you can even be sitting up and there it is; thud, thud, thud. It can be accompanied with a hot flush and muscle twitching, ringing in one ear and a muffled feeling. It settles eventually and you can calm this down with some gentle breathing exercises and rubbing your tummy in circular movements as well as brushing your forehead gently from the centre to the side of head and gently pinching your eyebrows. Yoga is also very good for calming the nerves before going to bed. Get a book from the Library and look at the pages for relief for gentle breathing and releasing bad toxins. Maybe try reading a light-hearted book or listening to relaxing music if this keeps you awake. It can't harm you, I have had it for years. :)