PDA

View Full Version : Boils---advice needed

nevertoolatexo
25-10-14, 04:31
Hello,

This might sound ridiculous, but it has driven me crazy. I have had a hard time sleeping over this, please help!

This year, I have gotten 4 boils (all on my bum). 1 in April and 3 in July. They all healed, however I never got them cultured, which terrifies me. I did go to the doctor in August ( I tried getting an appointment in July and couldn't) but the boils had already healed. She did prescribe antibiotics, and I took them even though they had healed.

I decided to do a Google search on boils, and have been completely horrified with what I read to the point of insomnia and loss of appetite.

My main worry right now, is that I plan on going to the dentist soon, however I read somewhere that if you have had boils , it puts you at a higher risk of getting an infection if you go to the hospital for surgery or get dental work (not sure how true that is). I have a dr's appointment on Monday, and will ask.

But please, if anyone has dealt with this, give me some sanity because I am terrified out of my mind

nomorepanic
25-10-14, 13:06
I used to get a lot of boils but in time they settled down and stopped coming back.

I have never heard of them putting you at risk of infection though so I don't think that is true.

lisa1975
25-10-14, 13:30
My husband get lots of boil massive ones he always has he's never had any problems don't worry they are what they are boils nothing more try not to over think it :)

nevertoolatexo
25-10-14, 20:03
Thank you for your advice! It has made me feel a bit better! :)

Carnation
25-10-14, 20:09
Boils are more common than you realize. You can always try the old fashioned remedy of a hot bath with some salt water. My Mum says that you can get them when you are run down and I have never known one start an infection??? :)

wnsos
25-10-14, 20:17
I second exactly what carnation said! It's easy to get boils when you're run down, I've had them in the past but only since getting my HA have I thought twice about them, they definitely can't start an infection. Wash them with warm water on a cotton pad then dry and apply some tcp. It'll be gone in days. :)

MRS STRESS ED
25-10-14, 21:48
yeah my sister has always suffered with them,don't worry love,it's right what carnation is saying x

nevertoolatexo
26-10-14, 01:42
Thank you all for your advice! I will try my best to remain calm lol