PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

zubiboy008
25-10-14, 09:15
Hi guys,
I have never attended full classes of college b/c of agoraphobia, in first year my attendance was 30%, in 2nd year ~50%, in 3rd year 20%, 4th year NIL. I have never any real communication with people besides my family which lasts for 5-10 minutes, and my family always tell me that your thoughts are limited b/c you have always remained with a small group of people, but i know that is b/c of agoraphobia what do you guys think are they right?

Mumto3boys
25-10-14, 09:31
Why don't you try and go somewhere that's more comfortable to you and see if you can talk to someone new even if it's just for a few minutes, try and push your boundaries a bit and overcome your fears a tiny bit at a time your stronger than you think

Oosh
25-10-14, 11:59
Yeh they're right that your thoughts are limited when you are around few people. New people offer new perspectives on everything which change you as a person throughout your life.

But that all seems a separate issue to your agoraphobia.

It's important to keep pushing anxieties influence on your life back or it will have you retreating away from life completely.

Try to attend college and develop coping strategies when you are there so that you stay.

Are you not finding it very easy to get along with people there ?

zubiboy008
25-10-14, 17:27
Yeah i have difficulty getting along with people in college, they all communicate with each other except me, and also ask a lot of questions from the professor. But the most important part is that i am studying ACCA so i don't have to live in hostel, that's another thing i am missing on