PDA

View Full Version : Spot on roof of mouth. Advice please!

Kirbear4
25-10-14, 10:08
Hey,

I have had a small spot on the roof of my mouth which I noticed a couple of months ago.

I had been suffering with hayfever and I also have rhinitis all year round, this causes the roof of my mouth to itch like crazy and of course I go mad with my tongue trying to get at the itch.

I just assumed I had damaged it from the constant itching and forgot about it.

However, my hayfever has settled down so I'm not itching as much. But the spot is still there!! It isn't sore and I can barely see anything, it is flesh coloured, but I can feel it with my tongue and finger.

When I run my tongue over it one way it feels flat, but if I run it the opposite way I can feel it sticking up as though it's a skin flap if that makes sense. Is it maybe possible that it literally is a bit of skin that had come away from so much itching? Would oral C normally present like this especially with no change is so many months?

nomorepanic
25-10-14, 13:04
The best person to see would be a dentist.

I had a spot on the roof of my mouth and it was a wart!

Kirbear4
25-10-14, 16:13
Thanks Nicola, do my symptoms sound similar to what yours did? I have recently had a kerastosis removed from my back and the Dr has said that a bump on my leg is the same thing so I have just left that one.

I'm wondering if it could be possible to get them in the mouth too x

nomorepanic
25-10-14, 16:37
Mine was a small round lump. I was referred to get it removed.

Kirbear4
25-10-14, 18:17
Thank you! That's helped calm me down a bit! I am going to book in with the dentist as soon as they open though to be on the safe side.

:)

swanick15
25-10-14, 19:06
Thank you! That's helped calm me down a bit! I am going to book in with the dentist as soon as they open though to be on the safe side.

:)

That's probs the best idea

Kirbear4
13-11-14, 14:49
Visited the dentist today, all good! He said its a salivary gland which has been irritated by something i.e the constant itching and also inhaler use. I've been instructed to gargle with salt water 3 times a day and to go back in a few weeks. If it hasn't gone/healed he will try something else. Either way he said its definitely not what I was worried about! Phew!

anthrokid
14-11-14, 22:36
Great news :)