PDA

View Full Version : Feel a failure if I have to take diazepam

Ruby13
25-10-14, 10:28
I am shaky and panicky today and decided to take diazepam, 2 mg. I now feel a failure to have to resort to taking it, but I could not cope today without. Does anyone else feel like this?

mermaid
25-10-14, 11:34
Yes absolutely! I hate the thought of having to take even 2mg to get me through sometimes but am trying to think differently about it as my husband says do what you have to do to get through.

Mermaid

Ruby13
25-10-14, 16:13
Thanks for your reply Mermaid. I am glad it is not just me. Good comments from your husband. I have not had to take one for a few weeks and just about coped, but today was different. I want to feel "normal" whatever that is.

Magic
25-10-14, 17:52
I feel like that too. A complete failure. It's not just you Ruby
so I will have to be careful as My GP won't prescribe me any more???
I have a few left. I wish my husband was as understanding as you mermaid x

Ruby13
25-10-14, 18:57
I have a few left too, I hope my GP will prescribe more if I need them Magic. Sorry yours won't.

yenool
25-10-14, 20:03
I don't feel a failure for using my medications as prescribed, however I do worry about the long term effects and how to picture a future where the medications aren't required.

For what it is worth the chances are you would have coped fine without the diazepam....... but why should you suffer needlessly when the medication is there to help?

I'm amazed 2mg does anything for anyone really. Such a tiny dose.

bebbe
26-10-14, 11:51
I have had to give in and take a diazepam today, I'm running out of my mirtazapine and haven't been able to get a doctors appointment so I've been taking half doses of what I have left, I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms from the mirtazapine (anxiety very bad in the morning, headaches and bursting into tears)
I haven't been this bad since July and I hate the hold anxiety has over me:weep:

Ruby13
26-10-14, 15:54
I don't feel a failure for using my medications as prescribed, however I do worry about the long term effects and how to picture a future where the medications aren't required.

For what it is worth the chances are you would have coped fine without the diazepam....... but why should you suffer needlessly when the medication is there to help?

I'm amazed 2mg does anything for anyone really. Such a tiny dose.

No doubt I would have coped, but they did help me. 2 mg works for me, but it could be mind over matter. Whatever it is, it eased my symptoms.

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

I have had to give in and take a diazepam today, I'm running out of my mirtazapine and haven't been able to get a doctors appointment so I've been taking half doses of what I have left, I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms from the mirtazapine (anxiety very bad in the morning, headaches and bursting into tears)
I haven't been this bad since July and I hate the hold anxiety has over me:weep:

Dear Bebbe, I hope you are feeling less anxious after taking your diazepam. I am always worse in a morning too. I know how you feel, big hugs :hugs:

Magic
26-10-14, 17:02
I cannot understand this---- My old GP (now retired) gave me Ativan, which suited me and did not need anything else. One at night . No problem the next day.
New GP will not give me anymore or diazepam either.
GP will prescribe me libriam which comes under another name chlordiazepoxide.
I have been taking theses tablets for years when needed.
I am a responsible adult. I would only take diazepam when needed .
I have very bad anxiety. People are saying to me I don't know how you cope.
I don't know how I cope myself. Sorry for the moan:shrug:

Spot-the-frog
27-10-14, 13:40
My doctor gave me Librium but it was quite difficult to get hold of. He reluctantly gives me a few diazapam every now and again, and I only take them when I really need them and I don't feel guilty if it helps me overcome a difficult situation/time. I too worry that my doctor won't give me anymore as he is never very happy when I ask for them... I take them so few and far between, I know I will never become dependent on them...

Magic
27-10-14, 14:29
I am the same as you spot-the-frog. I am or must be one of the oldest person here.
I have been taking drugs for anxiety and depression for over thirty years.
I am still here, because I, and you as well- know when we are desperate.
and would not abuse them. I would never feel guilty of taking something that helps me. Take care

Ruby13
30-10-14, 16:45
I always feel worse in the mornings too. I hope my GP will give me more diazepam when I need some. These were prescribed in May and I still have about 15 left. Only take when needed