PDA

View Full Version : New symptoms, or not IBS?

Angelai
25-10-14, 14:18
Hi, I was diagnosed with IBS around 17 years ago I think, I've gotten pretty used to the symptoms anyway.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to sort out my eating habits - cut out the chocolate and crisps, eating more fibre etc. After about a week I started to feel poorly, then a week ago I had terrible cramps (really low down, groin area) and felt a bit queasy, along with loose bms. I felt 'off' for a few days, in fact I haven't really got better :-(

This pain in my groin area is just not going away, it eases to hardly noticeable, but it doesn't go completely. Sometimes it's really bad. My bms haven't gone back to normal (well, normal for me), and today it was loose and orange :blush:

I was always IBS-C mainly, with occasional bouts of D, but it's been D for a few weeks without let up now. I keep feeling queasy too, and getting acid. Do I have a bug or is it a bad ibs flare? I'm worried that there might be something else going on.

Thanks for any opinions x

Oh, I gave up the 'healthy' eating and have gone back to eating how I always have!

Mumto3boys
25-10-14, 15:42
It's very possible that the healthy eating has upset your ibs again and this will take a few weeks to settle its also just as likely you have caught a tummy bug again this will take its time to get back to normal, I'm sure it will all settle down on its own try not to worry

chickpea
25-10-14, 17:52
I have IBS and Crohn's and have recently had what sounds like exactly the same symptoms as you - very low groin pain that also radiated into my back, bloating with sensations like something was twisting around in my abdomen trying to get out, dragging pains low down, no appetite, fatigue etc. I also had the odd night sweat and a general feeling of being too hot (hot from the inside, if that makes sense).
I saw my GP and she ran blood tests and dip tested my urine - all fine.
The pain seemed to go very suddenly, after a particularly nasty bowel movement. I carried on feeling a bit off colour for a couple more weeks - diarrhoea, tired, anxious etc but am much better now.
My guess is that it was a bug - it's the only thing I can think of.

Angelai
25-10-14, 20:53
Thank you for replying. I had a flu type thing a few weeks ago - exhausted, aches, chesty... Maybe it's to do with that? Then again, I've been getting acid worse and worse, last night I had really bad chest pain. Today it just hurts, and dodgy stomach again :-( bloated, that low pain and a bit in my back.

What is going on???