PDA

View Full Version : cancerous mass in neck?

cricket0148
25-10-14, 19:23
If you had a cancerous mass of the neck, would it be relieveed temporarily by massage? Im trying to convince myself that my neck muscle is just hard and tight on the one side from a whiplash injury almost a year ago. i had myofascial release yesterday and felt great.

swgrl09
25-10-14, 19:33
I had a whiplash injury 4 years ago and my neck still gives me troubles. I always have areas that are rock hard, tight, or even feel like lumps. You can't massage away a tumor but you can massage away a knot.

wnsos
25-10-14, 19:44
I got whiplash this year (at a brilliant courtney love concert but I digress!) and it went away after a few days but when I started with my HA, my neck has been incredible stiff and tight on the one side and I've been wondering if my previous whiplash was the catalyst. But I doubt a tumour would disappear after a massage. Try not to worry too much or your neck will keep playing up especially so x

Fishmanpa
26-10-14, 00:03
If you had a cancerous mass of the neck, would it be relieveed temporarily by massage?

NO... cancer is an "uncontrolled" growth of abnormal cells. It does not come and go, does not get smaller nor is it relieved by massage.

Positive thoughts