PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Retsgard
25-10-14, 21:00
Hello!

I thought I'd give this a try to see if I get any comfort from reading other peoples experiences. I've had anxiety/panic on and off for 13 years, unfortunately when it's on...it's bad. I tend to hyperventilate slowly until it's too late and I have the physical symptoms, luckily I rarely get the full blown panic attacks any longer where I'd race out of shops gasping. It's quite refreshing to type this out, I've never taken medication but I've had cbt on and off.

I've never told a soul about my crippling illness, I know there should be no shame but being a rugby playing, manual worker, I just don't think I'd get any sympathy :blush: how would you begin to explain that some days you're scared of yourself let alone the world?! I honestly believe it would be ok if I had depression, that seems pretty acceptable these days.

MRS STRESS ED
25-10-14, 21:38
Hello!

I thought I'd give this a try to see if I get any comfort from reading other peoples experiences. I've had anxiety/panic on and off for 13 years, unfortunately when it's on...it's bad. I tend to hyperventilate slowly until it's too late and I have the physical symptoms, luckily I rarely get the full blown panic attacks any longer where I'd race out of shops gasping. It's quite refreshing to type this out, I've never taken medication but I've had cbt on and off.

I've never told a soul about my crippling illness, I know there should be no shame but being a rugby playing, manual worker, I just don't think I'd get any sympathy :blush: how would you begin to explain that some days you're scared of yourself let alone the world?! I honestly believe it would be ok if I had depression, that seems pretty acceptable these days.

hello and welcome:welcome:

Its sad you've never felt you could tell someone,I understand what you mean,but my experience of telling people has mostly been positive,you never no it might even help you,glad you joined here you will get help and support here x

Mark13
27-10-14, 12:21
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.