PDA

View Full Version : Clocks going back....are you dreading it?

SarahH
25-10-14, 21:01
I am.....I just dread this time of year. my mood drops dramatically when the clocks go back and I just find it so hard to pick myself up. Hopefully the Citalopram I am on this year will help me through the dip:scared15:

Sarah

MRS STRESS ED
25-10-14, 21:28
Sarah I know �� exactly what you mean arghhhh miserable dark cold nights ,I went to see my GP this week as I have lowered my sertraline,I should of come off them by now,but because of this time of year ,he recommended I stay on the low dose over the winter months,secretly I'm pleased x

Sunflower2
25-10-14, 21:29
Hate hate hate the dark mornings and nights. Mid December has about 5 hours of daylight up here and most of the time the weather is awful too so you're stuck inside!

SarahH
25-10-14, 21:37
Glad it's not just me:winks: Although sorry for all of us......I dont blame you staying on the meds.I just hope I am on a high enough dose to get through until next spring without a serious dip....I dont even enjoy christmas......and I am 50 (yes fr*****ng FIFTY) in January.................joy!

MRS STRESS ED
25-10-14, 21:42
Sarah your still a youngster �� xx

SarahH
25-10-14, 21:53
Sarah your still a youngster �� xx

:yesyes:
You know what I had the most stressful day today,but had to laugh..too complicate to bore anyone with....but ended it with a £60 parking ticket!!..really could not make it up:roflmao:
Now just deciding what time to go to bed i.e. do I wait and stay up or go at my "normal" time?

....oh ..and the dog has terrible wind:whistles:

Sarah

MRS STRESS ED
25-10-14, 22:18
lol �� you made me laugh ,oh dear I have three dogs �� hehehe

SarahH
25-10-14, 22:33
Well I'm glad I can make someone laugh....a year ago I would have had a complete melt down following the day I have just had.......on we go:D

James244
26-10-14, 01:12
Whilst I wouldn't go as far to say I'm dreading it, I do worry about it alot and really don't want it to happen. I recently got obsessed with seasons and I can't stand winter and it getting dark at 4pm, eugh its horrible. But I have warmed to autumn a bit, I spent all summer worrying about it and now its here and its actually quite nice.

Just remember these 2 things

There's not a thing you can do about it so why waste your time worrying, worry about things you can change because they're more worth your time.

Seasons are an endless loop, yes the clocks will go back, but they'll also go forward again. No matter how horrible winter can be, it's a fact that it won't last forever and summer will come again and you have years and years of summers ahead to look forward to. If we didn't have winter, we probably wouldn't appreciate summer so much.

MyNameIsTerry
26-10-14, 01:26
I'm the opposite, I'm fine with this one, I hate the other one where it goes forward as it means I need to move an obsessional sleep routine forward with it.

Personally, I think its a big waste of time anyway, a remnant of an era passed. It has no place in modern society as industry has changed. If people need that extra hour, than can accomodate it themselves without affecting the masses.

old fred
26-10-14, 19:55
hate this time of year long dark nights . first day and anxiety levels going up .main reason i like christmas is it slowly gets lighter

Ange1
26-10-14, 21:49
I'm the same really dreading the dark nights but I've got a light box to try this year so will see if it helps. Someone was saying today there is talk ...yet again....of not changing the clocks. X

SarahH
27-10-14, 08:44
So far so good. I kept myself really busy yesterday. Today it is sunny and pretty warm for the time of year. Tonight I am going to a Ceroc dancing class for the first time. I cant dance but thought it might be a laugh:D.

Good luck to any of you who find this time of year difficult. The next 2 weeks will test me.

Sarah

MrAndy
27-10-14, 14:20
i actually slept longer due to the clocks changing which is a major thing for me :)

Magic
27-10-14, 14:59
NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO DARK NIGHTS, or COLD WEATHER of FLIPPING XMAS or being turned 700000000000000000000 next month.
I am ready for the kna--ers yard.:mad:

Sunflower2
27-10-14, 15:24
I'm putting a positive spin on it by saving up for a SAD light alarm clock, so I'm excited about waking as if it's summer all through the winter!

SarahH
28-10-14, 13:18
Oh is that what a light alarm does? How does that help?

Sarah

JJuk
29-10-14, 08:19
Dont be afraid of the night of halloween x x

Sunflower2
29-10-14, 09:22
It makes you feel more awake in the morning and with that feeling gives you more energy and improves your mood. Just like how you often feel better on a summer sunny morning. Think there other benefits too but haven't researched it that much yet!