PDA

View Full Version : Does your anxiety have a cycle?

tan235
25-10-14, 23:30
I've noticed I have 3 months on and3 months off.
I'm on right now and I have headaches, racing heart, bad bowels, grumpy, can't sleep, sore neck, sore back, finding weird spots on my skin I think are cancer - just spent the last week thinking I had some form of dementia, the week efore that Tetanus then mould allergies, brain tumor you name it!!
I'm so over stressed and tired and I can't beat it.
All in one month. I am thinking I have some form of disease and will go to DR to go trough the same process I go through every 6 months.

Anyone else relate?????

Then when I'm good I'm great!!

Seriously why can't we just be good all the time!

Carnation
25-10-14, 23:48
You could be right? I had a horrific 3 months, then I got better and now I am bad again. I wonder if it has something to do with trying to do too much once we feel better thinking everything is back to normal again and the Anxiety reminds us; NO, you are not ready yet. :shrug:

tan235
25-10-14, 23:50
Yeah I have no idea what it is. But I'm about to the dr with exact same symptoms I went to him about 3 months ago!! I've noticed it this year. Not sure what it is but wish it would last longer!!

HoldingoutforHope
26-10-14, 15:47
My anxiety definitely has a cycle. I was just diagnosed with GAD and HA by my counselor and apparently I have had it since I was a little girl. I can tell you that I am currently in the middle of a very bad HA episode when last year I had no symptoms at all!

There are going to be bad days and good days the only thing that is always present is the anxiety itself. If you have anxiety it is always going to be a part of you but that doesn't mean you can't "control" the cycle :)

Fishmanpa
26-10-14, 16:08
My "scanxiety" is directly related to my follow up visits from cancer treatment. Ironically, it's every three months! After two years it'll go to every six months. I get a bit antsy come check up time as you might expect and understand. I've found that CBT techniques and a "chill pill" as needed quell the negative effects.

Positive thoughts

chickpea
26-10-14, 17:30
Like Fishmanpa, my anxiety is triggered by specific, medical-related events.
Originally, it was triggered by becoming ill with Crohn's, following a long period of stress - I believe that a person can cope with stress, but when fear is added into the mix, that stress can tip over to become anxiety (as Claire Seeks a says in her book).
This time around, it was the death of a friend from breast cancer that triggered it. She was diagnosed with secondary cancer a year ago, which was stressful but while she fought it, I could convince myself she'd survive. As soon as she died, the fear that I too could become terminally ill and have to face leaving my children behind set off my Crohn's problems and in turn, anxiety.

anxiouskitten
27-10-14, 15:03
yup, this has been one of the most frustrating aspects for me, although i think i've only had two "cycles" at this point...i felt really good from late october last year until early february of this year...and then, seemingly out of the blue, all of my symptoms (and then some!) have returned...i find myself getting caught up in the "but i felt so good just a few months ago" mindtrap, which further convinces me that it must be something "real" this time around....what a cruel thing anxiety is!