PDA

View Full Version : Ear infection?

DrewKay
26-10-14, 02:43
I had an ear infection in December, I saw an ENT and he said my ear canal was completely blocked. (although it didnt feel that bad actually) As soon as I caught the ear infection caused some pretty bad tinitus in my right ear I had anti biotics which helped a bit and ever since Feburary its been getting quieter and quieter and the pressure is going down. It hasnt got worse (unless I've had a bad cold, in which case it has got a little worse but as soon as congestion has gone down it gets back to where it was), infact its been getting better and better besides the colds Ive been getting...

Is it normal for the recovery to be this slow? Im worried it might be meniere's... Ive had no issues what so ever with balance, I can balance normally and I've no hearing loss in my right ear in any way shape or form. Its just very slow at improving... Is this normal? I have had one cold after another all year due to complete chaos, so maybe that didnt give it a chance to drain very well? (it is completely unrelated and I had this even before the ear issues)

PS:
I should probably add it also feels like the tinitus is caused by pressure if that makes any sense. Although the pressure still slightly there, I feel if I got rid of it, itd go entirely.

jackieann3
26-10-14, 08:38
Hello there I can asure you if you had meniers you would know about it , you would have attacks of the world spinning around you and balance problems etc , I was diagnosed with miniers a few years ago it's very common but gets better with age apparently , I take medication for when I need it when I get dizzy head it's just a bit inconvenient not knowing when your going to get a spell of it but it's not often and very treatable so don't worry too much it doesn't sound like it , best wishes x