PDA

View Full Version : Couging, wheezing, getting me down

boy
02-01-07, 03:49
I've had tickly coughs that last for weeks since 2001 so that's nothing new, but I also have a quiet light wheezy sound when I exhale with my mouth open, and have done since early September. But last night when I breathed in it happened too, but worse - stridor! Sounded like a balloon when you make it squeak but just for one 'flap'. Then I tested to see if it'd happen this morning and most of the time it didn't but it did do it once more. Now I'm breathing in with my mouth open whenever I'm on my own to see if it happens again and I sometimes don't pay attentiona nd think it might have happened but can't be too sure so t gets me stressed again...

I'd coughed extra hard yesterday many times so it made a raspy sound - which has happened before - in a vain attempt to clear up whatever the tickling reason to cough was coz it was really starting to get on my nerves.

Is this really really bad? I remember reading about the wheeze etc symptoms when I last worried about throat/pharingal/laryngal cancer in the summer, and at the time I thought "phew, that's one thing I don't have".

:(

ps. I don't smoke.

bearcrazy
02-01-07, 09:50
I have a wheezy cough especially in the winter months. Could be asthma? easy to control with inhalers. You should mention it to your doc!

boy
03-01-07, 01:41
Nope I don't have athsma. Only my older brother has it in my family.

debstar
03-01-07, 02:44
Have you been checked for asthma because this is what it sounds like or it could also be bronchittis. Do you get it only during certain seasons?

Are you a smoker?

boy
03-01-07, 02:54
Only noticed the wheezing since September and it feels like it comes from inside my throat. My older brother has asthma so ym aprents would know if I did. And I don't smoke btu I worry what passive smoking could have done to me, I hate it when people light up and you have no choice but to breathe their poison in.