PDA

View Full Version : The Truth Behind Heart Palpitations

jonjones
26-10-14, 17:18
Hey Guys,

I used to be plagued by heart palpitation but now they have gone.

Where your heart may feel like it is pounding, fluttering or beating irregularly. It is caused by a surge of adrenaline into the blood stream which is released by you feeling nervous, anxious, or even excited.
Also you may experience some soreness or pain in the heart region. Donīt worry this is due to tension from adrenaline being released into muscles in area.
Sensitization of the nervous system exaggerrates the heart beat. If its been checked by the doctor and nothing was found to be wrong then have faith that it is just caused by adrenaline!
Your heart can tolerate up to 200 beats a minute for days without any bad effect. Yet in panic attacks the highest it gets to is around 160. The heart is a very powerful organ so have peace of mind that it can cope with the extra work.
It is made worse by caffeine, alcohol, recreational drugs and a lack of sleep.
Donīt try to control it, or make it better, instead just practise accepting it! Take deep breaths, exhale slowly and sag your body. The palpitations will improve in their own time!

Best,

Jon

nomorepanic
26-10-14, 17:20
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

stars22
26-10-14, 18:39
I have a irregular heartbeat also attacks of palpations heart beat stays at 145 for hours and I end up feeling weak doctors cardiologist haven't found any evidence that there is a problem yet but this scares me so much I dont have no breathing problems with it so I cant control it or make it go away but your post has made me feel ay ease also I dont drink any caffeine drinks im sensitive to them but I couldn't leave the house because of this so thankyou you have give me hope