PDA

View Full Version : A question for men (or women) about UTI / Water Infection

Nathan92
26-10-14, 19:34
I'll start off on an irrelevant point.

friday morning I woke up with a horrid headache (worst for a while) and ever since then I've had this mild twitch in my left eye, bottom lid, anyone got any ideas?

now onto the more relevant point...

Thursday I was out in the town and coming back on the bus, I must have somehow stopped the circulation to my penis, as I stood up (after maybe a 20 minute journey, I had pins and needles in my penis, weird sensation, I had an issue later that night with feeling, it just didn't feel as pleasurable as it did)

fast forward to today. I woke up fine, went to the loo fine a few times, until about 11am where I went, some came out but it burned like hell... like I thought I was on fire.

I strained for a little while and then stood up and walked about for 5 minutes, then I needed to go again, after a few seconds of straining I managed to empty my bladder but again it burned badly.

skip forward 2 hours I needed the toilet again, this time it was better, no pain but felt like I could urinate more this time it felt like there was a blockage, like a little ball in my penis that I could feel moving up the shaft.

nothing happened after that, I still keep going frequently but it doesn't burn as much, I'm just concerned as its getting to my HA, esp with the eye twitching and then the burning, I feel like I'm dying with the worry, thinking well prostate cancer or bladder cancer :\

anyone?

thanks in advance :\

eeesh
26-10-14, 19:38
You're 22 fella.

Will not be bladder cancer or anything like that. Possible kidney infection and/or minor kidney stones maybe? Minor infections of the urinary tract are pretty common, moreso for women but certainly can and does happen often in men as well.

Kidney infection can be found easily with a spot urine test at the docs. No reason to not go!

Nathan92
26-10-14, 19:59
You're 22 fella.

Will not be bladder cancer or anything like that. Possible kidney infection and/or minor kidney stones maybe? Minor infections of the urinary tract are pretty common, moreso for women but certainly can and does happen often in men as well.

Kidney infection can be found easily with a spot urine test at the docs. No reason to not go!

appreciate the swift reply, looking at a kidney infection, don't have any of the symptoms, but it did mention prostatitis, similar symptoms, mainly the burning, that lingered for a good 10-15 mins after each urination, where as now its a few minutes if any.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

---------

reading about kidney stones, it is quite possible, I did have some pain in the lower left hand side of my back, above my left butt cheek, which actually started last night and seems to have gone now, but I do have issues with my back, so I put it down to back pain :\ maybe small kidney stones :o

eeesh
26-10-14, 20:01
You could have small kidney stones for a very long time and just not realised it. Are you sure the backpain is mechanical and not from something else? I.E. Kidney stones? Many people pass stones and don't even realise it!

Just drink plenty of fluids and see how things develop. Honestly, your symptoms are so minor it doesn't bare thinking about unless things develop further.

MRS STRESS ED
26-10-14, 20:06
Nathan92 it's sounds like a water infection,this is easily treated with antibiotics,drink plenty of water flush it threw,go see your gp get a check up,I work in nursing home seen it loads of times,also you're headache could be because you're not drinking enough this will cause water infection x

Nathan92
26-10-14, 20:13
again - appreciate both the swift replies,

I've been drinking loads, I actually read an article a few months back, it had a calculation in it on how much you should drink in comparison to your weight, turns out I should be drinking about 4 liters a day, I drink easy 2.5/3.5 a day, so thats still a lot of fluids.

I'm giving my GP a ring tomorrow just to give them a heads up, they're pretty quick, if they wanted bloods for example, I'd be there tuesday for bloods and results would be back on wednesday., same with urine, so they might just say drop us a sample in and we'll check it.

Do apprecaite it

also regarding the mechanical back pain, no I wasn't sure, well I was until I read about kidney stones, which is now why I think possibly it might be a kidney stone.

cheers guys

eeesh
26-10-14, 20:17
Back pain is an elusive beast, and difficult to tackle.

I initially encountered back pain from deadlifting twice a week in the gym. This was 6 months ago and it's still here! I've integrated this symptom in with a host of others and convinced myself I have cancer (see how this works). Standard procedure for the Health Anxious.

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about something like this. If I go out drinking, I often have a painful urination the next day. Drink more, flush yourself out, eat lots of fruits, veggies and fibrous goodness and you'll be set.