PDA

View Full Version : normal feeling of lymph nodes

teoru
26-10-14, 23:09
i've been a lurker of these threads for a while having been a longtime sufferer of health anxiety.
currently i'm stressing because i can feel a cluster of lymph nodes in my groin. they all seem smaller than 1cm and move around under my fingers. however one feels quite hard and noticeable like a cyst (yet still under 1cm and still moveable.)
Is this just what lymph nodes feel like? I know you're not meant to feel them, but I also know that the lymph nodes in the groin can be larger than elsewhere. The ones on the left side of my groin seem less noticeable, though I can still feel a couple if I prod around a lot.

I'm just not sure whether the lymph nodes I can feel on my right side should be checked out. They're painless and i haven't had any infection recently except for a common cold about a week ago, so I'm paranoid about them potentially being swollen.

What do you think? Can you ever feel lymph nodes?

eeesh
26-10-14, 23:14
i've been a lurker of these threads for a while having been a longtime sufferer of health anxiety.
currently i'm stressing because i can feel a cluster of lymph nodes in my groin. they all seem smaller than 1cm and move around under my fingers. however one feels quite hard and noticeable like a cyst (yet still under 1cm and still moveable.)
Is this just what lymph nodes feel like? I know you're not meant to feel them, but I also know that the lymph nodes in the groin can be larger than elsewhere. The ones on the left side of my groin seem less noticeable, though I can still feel a couple if I prod around a lot.

I'm just not sure whether the lymph nodes I can feel on my right side should be checked out. They're painless and i haven't had any infection recently except for a common cold about a week ago, so I'm paranoid about them potentially being swollen.

What do you think? Can you ever feel lymph nodes?

Currently going through the same, although mine are maybe a bit larger than you describe and are also in my neck and armpits. This is also coupled with abdominal pain.

Quite normal for them all to swell after a cold. They're usually most palpable in the groin as we store very little bodyfat there, particularly if you're kinda skinny anyway.

Don't worry about it, mate. Check in with the doc if you're concerned but unless they grow you don't really have anything to concern yourself about.